USB NDS adapter

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by vandergus, Feb 9, 2007.

Feb 9, 2007

USB NDS adapter by vandergus at 5:41 PM (987 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. vandergus
    OP

Newcomer vandergus Member

United States
    EMS Productions is selling a usb adapter for commercial nds games (product page). They claim that it will transfer saves to and from ds game carts (although they do say that third party game carts may not be well supported). Has anyone used this? I just got an R4 and I'm looking for a cheap way to get my existing game saves from my commercial carts to my flash cart (I don't have a slot-2 device). They list the NDS Adapter at $11.99 US which I would gladly pay to get all of my saves back. I just want to know if anyone can vouch for the quality of the product. Any users out there?

2. freakygeeky

Newcomer freakygeeky Member

United States
    I haven't used that so I can't say for sure, but it looks somewhat questionable. I know an Action Replay Max Duo for $25 will do the same thing.

3. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Why would third-party games be not well supported? That's sounds a bit fishy to me...I would stick with the Action Replay DS/GBA. That's what I used before I got my GBAMP (Which you could use too, you can get one for $25 on ebay, and a small CF card, which is all you need for game saves, are only about $5...)

4. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'm skeptical of third-party goods in general ever since I have to forcefully remove a USB charge cable from my DS Lite and damn-near break the console! I will never buy a product made by dragon ever EVER again! [​IMG]

5. mikeosoft

Member mikeosoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this site is weird, as is this product. stick to Action replay broda

6. vandergus
    OP

Newcomer vandergus Member

United States
    Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll steer clear.

Since posting I've heard about a new project called ReinMoon which is a piece of software that can transfer saves using the DS without a slot-2 device. It's only been released as a beta version and it doesn't work on the R4 but I think I'll just wait a little while to see if that gets to be more developed. Here's the link if anyone's interested.