Hacking USB NDS adapter

vandergus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EMS Productions is selling a usb adapter for commercial nds games (product page). They claim that it will transfer saves to and from ds game carts (although they do say that third party game carts may not be well supported). Has anyone used this? I just got an R4 and I'm looking for a cheap way to get my existing game saves from my commercial carts to my flash cart (I don't have a slot-2 device). They list the NDS Adapter at $11.99 US which I would gladly pay to get all of my saves back. I just want to know if anyone can vouch for the quality of the product. Any users out there?

freakygeeky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used that so I can't say for sure, but it looks somewhat questionable. I know an Action Replay Max Duo for $25 will do the same thing.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would third-party games be not well supported? That's sounds a bit fishy to me...I would stick with the Action Replay DS/GBA. That's what I used before I got my GBAMP (Which you could use too, you can get one for $25 on ebay, and a small CF card, which is all you need for game saves, are only about $5...)

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm skeptical of third-party goods in general ever since I have to forcefully remove a USB charge cable from my DS Lite and damn-near break the console! I will never buy a product made by dragon ever EVER again!
mad.gif

vandergus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll steer clear.

Since posting I've heard about a new project called ReinMoon which is a piece of software that can transfer saves using the DS without a slot-2 device. It's only been released as a beta version and it doesn't work on the R4 but I think I'll just wait a little while to see if that gets to be more developed. Here's the link if anyone's interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1