Hacking USB Loaders just emulate Wii Optical Drive?

yunior597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, well recently me wii optical drive just got damaged and a disc got stuck... now while trying to Load by usb loaders, which worked perfectly before the accident, it takes me long time to load, and after that it just Says Error: Eject the disc and turn off the wii or something like that.

I have the same error with Virtual Console or Wiiware, when i try to load them, it just say eject the disc...

If i remove my Wii Optical Drive, could i still play by usb normally?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, sounds like your broken drive sends strange signals or something like this to the wii, so it would be better to remove it (the easiest thing is to remove the two wires to the mainboard) then it should work.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
yunior597 said:
Hello, well recently me wii optical drive just got damaged and a disc got stuck... now while trying to Load by usb loaders, which worked perfectly before the accident, it takes me long time to load, and after that it just Says Error: Eject the disc and turn off the wii or something like that.

I have the same error with Virtual Console or Wiiware, when i try to load them, it just say eject the disc...

If i remove my Wii Optical Drive, could i still play by usb normally?

Yes if you remove the drive everything should still work as usb loaders dont use the disk drive at all unless you want it to rip a game or load a game off a dvd then it most likely come back with no disk is inserted or something like that

Is the disk still stuck in there, maybe you can use tweezers to take it out

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Yep, sounds like your broken drive sends strange signals or something like this to the wii, so it would be better to remove it (the easiest thing is to remove the two wires to the mainboard) then it should work.

To add to this you can get a new drive, I am not sure if this web page is not supposed to be listed here or not but if its not Mods please delete it and yell at me or something lol

www.dealextreme.com

I just checked and they are sold out of the D2B and D2C drives
frown.gif
Maybe they will get more in some time? Would have been nice for less then 50$

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought if you remove the drive, then most stuff stops working. If some general hardware init routine can't init the drive, it will return an error, no matter if the program actually uses or needs the drive or not.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard the same thing as WiiPower. Of course I've never actually tried it, so I don't really know. But from what I've heard if you take out the whole dvd drive the Wii won't really work. You need some kind of dvd drive, even if it's broken, for the Wii to work.

Again, I've never done it, so it could use some confirmation.

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The system menu will still run without the drive connected, but most usb loaders will fail to load a game without the drive connected. I just tested this out myself right now and I tried with SM 3.2-4.3 and every SM still ran fine. I even waited for about 5 minutes and also went into the mii channel and my wii never locked up. I hope this answers your question or helped add a little insight.

yunior597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow this really something bad at all... i mean why usb loaders have to be attached to the Wii drive? developers should do something about it, or maybe find a fix by Cios.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
yunior597 said:
Wow this really something bad at all... i mean why usb loaders have to be attached to the Wii drive? developers should do something about it, or maybe find a fix by Cios.

Again, it's just how the Wii works. It's all hard-wired to be clingy to the drive and whatnot. So it'd be a pain in the butt to do something like that, in any aspect.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I remember some guy installed his HDD inside the Wii, by removing the disc drive, and it worked just fine, do the test and report the results my man...!!

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, I was going to do that too, but then I didnt want to take apart a perfectly good Drive and the cost of broken drives is ridiculous.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
use the board off the drive you have in your wii just disconnect the ribbon cables to the laser and stuff.

It's probably something stupid like a fault micro switch on the drive mechanism not making contact or something

yunior597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You may find this weird but after i sent my wii to a technical to repair the drive, i can't load from USB anymore, the drive is working perfectly, but the loaders just get stuck and doesnt show up any game....

I tried CFG, Wiiflow 2.1, neogamma, uloader...
I tried diferents cios, 222,224,249 base 56,38, even 249 rev17, and nothing fix the problem.

I also cleaned the nand and uninstalled darkcorp, and doesnt work either.

I think its the HBC Channel 1.08 with base 58 that cause me the problem i dont know why...

gaojiugao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shop59071431.taobao.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
yunior597 said:
You may find this weird but after i sent my wii to a technical to repair the drive, i can't load from USB anymore, the drive is working perfectly, but the loaders just get stuck and doesnt show up any game....

I tried CFG, Wiiflow 2.1, neogamma, uloader...
I tried diferents cios, 222,224,249 base 56,38, even 249 rev17, and nothing fix the problem.

I also cleaned the nand and uninstalled darkcorp, and doesnt work either.

I think its the HBC Channel 1.08 with base 58 that cause me the problem i dont know why...

Your old drive board has been changed with D3/Mini board which can't supported Backup Disc running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mjs glove fit