Hacking USB Loaders freeze at loading screen or black screen when attempting to launch Wii ISOs

LuigiFan45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where else to ask, but I can't seem to launch Wii game ISOs anymore when I try to launch them. Which is strange, since when I started to do this I was able to launch Trauma Center: Second Opinion a few times before it just didn't want to anymore; although, I figured out my flash drive died in the process of setting up and testing CFG Loader. :T

I've tried CFG, USB GX, and Wiiflow with a brand new Sandisk Cruzer Glide flash drive but every attempt freezes at the "loading game..." screen or a black screen and usually requires a forced shutdown of my Wii.

Any reasons on why this is happening? I'll try to get more info if needed.

Last edited by LuigiFan45,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the proper ios insatlled?
Are your settings configured properly?
Is your game dumps good?

ALSO i don't think we load it in ISO format we use WBFS format. Also make sure your storage device is formatted to Fat32

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

LuigiFan45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the proper ios insatlled?
Are your settings configured properly?
Is your game dumps good?

ALSO i don't think we load it in ISO format we use WBFS format. Also make sure your storage device is formatted to Fat32
Is the proper IOS '249'?

I wasn't sure what settings to mess around with cause I didn't really want to do anything risky

I would assume my dumps are in working order since I got them to run initially.

I used Wii Backup Manager to create a WBFS directory, if that says anything.

Flash drive is formatted to FAT32 last time I checked.

Last edited by LuigiFan45,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the proper IOS '249'?

I wasn't sure what settings to mess around with cause I didn't really want to do anything risky

I would assume my dumps are in working order since I got them to run initially.

I used Wii Backup Manager to create a WFBS directory, if that says anything.

Flash drive is formatted to FAT32 last time I checked.
Try wiiflow master mod, at least what i been using with no problem. If you have the game, use the backup option in wiiflow to make a backup and test if it works. It simply converts the game disc in the system to the wbfs and installs it on the selected storage device.

LuigiFan45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try wiiflow master mod, at least what i been using with no problem. If you have the game, use the backup option in wiiflow to make a backup and test if it works. It simply converts the game disc in the system to the wbfs and installs it on the selected storage device.
I'm actually unfamiliar with the Wiiflow mastermod.
Is there anything special you have to do to get that working?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually unfamiliar with the Wiiflow mastermod.
Is there anything special you have to do to get that working?
No, simply load it with homebrew channel (Or if you want to use channel fowarder) Then open it and set it up. Make sure if you use a USB port. That is in the back on the left side, and set the storage to usb1, in case you use a SD card, set it to SD card. Make sure the ios is set to 249 and just commonly set the other options. After that, pick a game from the menu (or load a disc in the drive and either select it or back it up to the storage device) Then set the specific options for the game.

If you use usb loader GX, it shouldn't be too hard. Everything you need is in this post.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv