Hacking USB Loaders do not detect my Hard Drive

uscjunkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have formatted my drive with WBFS Manager and everything was working fine (except games freezing after a few mins of play)...now all of a sudden none of the loaders I have installed will detect the hard drive. Is there something that can be causing this? I'm new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u recently updated your loader, many of them now recognize fat32 drives as well, this is also sometimes the default selection. You may be able to change the type selected in the options (depends which loader u are using, u can with the latest rev of usb loader gx) or there may be a seperate dol/binary all together for fat32 and wbfs support (I think configurable usb loader is still like this)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
uscjunkie said:
I have formatted my drive with WBFS Manager and everything was working fine (except games freezing after a few mins of play)...now all of a sudden none of the loaders I have installed will detect the hard drive. Is there something that can be causing this? I'm new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Are you using the correct USB port? You should be using the one that is closest to one of the edges of the Wii (the edge which is the base when lying flat).

Also, ensure you are using Configurable USB Loader. It has the best drive compatibility.

Finally, Hermes' IOS222 has better drive compatibility than IOS249, so try installing that (to use it with Cfg as your default, add ios=222-mload to config.txt).

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Nov 19 2009, 03:17 PM) if u recently updated your loader, many of them now recognize fat32 drives as well, this is also sometimes the default selection. You may be able to change the type selected in the options (depends which loader u are using, u can with the latest rev of usb loader gx) or there may be a seperate dol/binary all together for fat32 and wbfs support (I think configurable usb loader is still like this)
Configurable has separate dols for FAT and non-FAT, but both simply optimise the load process for one or the other. Both dol types still each support both partition types, but each will load slightly faster for it's own type of drive/IOS combination.

nds_gamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say why mines didn't recognize the drive because the usb controller sucked. If you have another external enclosure try it, swap the hard drives inside and see if it will come up.

uscjunkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is everything was working fine. Yes it is plugged in to the correct USB slot. I have been researching and every Wii site has somebody with this same exact problem. Something is causing this to happen. I can't even get USB Loader GX to open cause it is searching for a drive that it can't see.....counts down from 30 and then resets the Wii. Tried unplugging the wii and restarting...everything I can think of and nothing will get it to recognize. Tried USB Loader GX...wiiflow and Neogamma and nothing. Anymore ideas??? I'm sure out!

uscjunkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I updated to the Hermes IOS 222 and still nothing. Even Uloader won't recognize the hard drive. It is like the USB port has been turned off on the Wii. I am about to go crazy trying to fix this! I'm open to any ideas anyone might have since I am completely out!

uscjunkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh I see more threads are starting to show up....so my Wii isn't the only one that is having problems detecting USB drives.

ipawii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe someone mentioned it but, get another external case. One that has proven success from the compatibility list.
I started off with one that would not recognize, got another external case and worked perfectly ever since.
I also tried a usb stick, which would cause the games to freeze after about a half hour.
The n-consoles seem to be very picky about which USB chipset the external case uses.

uscjunkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ipawii said:
I believe someone mentioned it but, get another external case. One that has proven success from the compatibility list.
I started off with one that would not recognize, got another external case and worked perfectly ever since.
I also tried a usb stick, which would cause the games to freeze after about a half hour.
The n-consoles seem to be very picky about which USB chipset the external case uses.

Problem is that might make sense if it had never worked from day one but it was working fine until I started adding all these loaders to try and make Mario Bros work. I don't think it is the hard drive.

tiddyman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

Where you ever able to fix this problem? I have just the same issue.

It used to work, but after i installed something around the time NSMB hit, it stopped working. Unfortunatly i don't member exactly what it was either.

ajodx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is that might make sense if it had never worked from day one but it was working fine until I started adding all these loaders to try and make Mario Bros work. I don't think it is the hard drive.
Any luck yet in 2015 going on 2016 mine doesnt seem to work after working before!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning