Hacking USB Loader

PE06MCG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have successfully used my HDD's via my Wii for some time but recently the '0' USB port has intermittently stopped powering up. When powered up no problems on FAT, WBFS or NTFS.
No problems with port '1' but that's no good for an external HDD.

Got my sons Wii and configured as previously with Modmii.
Absolutely no problems with port '0' in fact both HDD's power up instantly when Wii on but Config USB cannot see either of the HDD's.
Have tried USB LoaderGX also without success.

Any ideas what my problem may be? As I say my other Wii sees the HDD's so perhaps compatability is not an issue.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
If it worked fine and now doesn't. Try just giving the ports/plug a blow out, clean out, possibly try a new lead for your usb lead, perhaps one of the data wires is intermittently connecting, it would still power up fine, just wouldn't read correct

PE06MCG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Donkey Plonk said:
If it worked fine and now doesn't. Try just giving the ports/plug a blow out, clean out, possibly try a new lead for your usb lead, perhaps one of the data wires is intermittently connecting, it would still power up fine, just wouldn't read correct
7Thanks for reply.

I don't think its the leads because they work ok on port '1'. By that I mean my HDD's fire up immediately on connection to port '1'.

I have stripped the Wii down and exposed thew USB module but accessing the block to check leads is visually difficult.

How do you suggest I clean it?
Compressed air perhaps or maybe WD40 but I don't want to do something silly.?

PE06MCG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
You could try using port1 instead of port0, more infor can be found here:

http://gbatemp.net/t280673-getting-port-1-...t&p=3482298

Many thanks for reply.

Have tried the addition of .dol as you suggest without success and am looking now at uloader but am concerned by the 'about 5.1.txt' that I read on download.
It states that USB support for port '1' has been removed because it does not work.

Does this mean it has never worked or just latest v5.1?

Also, I am unable to get my second Wii to see the HDD's even though they have much the same Modmii download as my faulty Wii and the HDD's definitely see the Wii.
Assuming there are no compatibility issues Wii to HDD that is), how should I proceed?
Should I start again with a fresh Modmii download or can I try out other cIOS additions via NUS Loader?
If so which do you suggest I include?

I value your comments as indeed others who have replied.

PE06MCG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I downloaded ULoader and it works in port #1.
So many thanks for replies.
Problem with it not allowing 'hub' connection (anything using USB's for microphones or mats a no go) and needs wbfs formatted drive only but it certainly works.

Still would like my second Wii to work though?

PE06MCG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems as though my USB Port '0' has died.

Currently using uLoader which has been a revelation.
It works so easily on port '1'.
My only problem now is that anything that connects to USB (say microphone) cannot be used because hubs are not permitted on uLoader.

Big bonus though is that I can use it to play discs as well. via port '1'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a