Hacking usb loader working with ethernet adaptor

sectionboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, does anyone know if usb loader works with ethernet adaptor? I tyied a third-party ethernet adaptor in Cod:waw, and it didn't connect, and the LEDs on the adaptor didn't turn on, which might indicate it wasn't powered on. Anyone has more luck than me?

sectionboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, no, now even loaded from a backup disk won't connect through a lan adaptor. So I think it's that cios rev 9 causing the problem. Can I uninstall it?

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I had a similar problem, but it was with FTPii, everything else worked fine, like Opera, Brawl online, etc.

All I did was uninstall DVDx and install it again (advanced install -> IOS36). Did you have it installed before intalling cios rev 9?

sectionboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I try to keep things minimal on my wii, only install what's necessary. I never tried DVDx, maybe now i should try to install it?

Edit: I switched to wireless with usb loader, it worked.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Using disc games with usb lan adapter should work in SoftChip R88 even with the rev9 cIOS installed. Could you please test this and confirm it for me? Please.

sectionboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried with Softchip R88, didn't work. Stuck at "connecting to Nintendo Wifi...", and the LEDs on adaptor weren't turned on.

frown.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It says "connecting to Nintendo Wifi..." even with usb? Did you set your internet connection back to usb lan?

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i posted this on another thread already. Using the USB loader with a Harddrive or reader. Will have effect on all USB attach devices. Wii Speak, USB Lan, and Mic for Guitar Hero.

sectionboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It says "connecting to Nintendo Wifi..." even with usb? Did you set your internet connection back to usb lan?

That's just the msg the game(cod:waw) shows when it tries to connect to the internet, regardless wired or wireless. Sure I set it back to wired connection.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Or the rev8 cIOS installed as IOS249 and the usb cIOS from Kwiirk as IOS222. Downside is only that Kwiirk's cIOS doesn't work with Waninkoko's launcher.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I got DVDx, rev 9, cIOS222 and my lan adapter works just fine, with everything. That's on originals, though. I don't have a backup that has online features. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.