Hacking USB-Loader without SD?

Vattu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a look at the table with the usb loaders listed and tried the ones that had some required features (widescreen, covers...). I tried all those, but (afaik) noone of those supported covers on the USB-HDD (neither on the WBFS nor FAT32-partition.

Did I miss anything, or isn't there any such loader as of yet?

My setup:

PAL Wii 3.2E
preloader, which loads an usb-loader at startup
current usb-loader: Ultimate usb-loader 7.4
widescreen TV

one strange thing happened when I tried the GX loader without SD (it said something like "no usb drive found")

Hope I made my question clear and that you can help me in any way.

Vattu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys.

I tried FX, and it didn't cut it. will try the CFG Loader now.

edit: Tried CFG (v31a and v31aa), cannot mount USB-drive when the SD is not inserted. if the sd is inserted, the loader loads, but I cannot find any configuration that switches the cover store location to USB. and the gui is not proper (probably just a bad theme setting).

don't know what I'm missing. :/ will look further through the internet!

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I've used GX without an SD card inserted (but I can't remember the rev), installed as a channel. Covers didn't display though, obviously.... there definitely is no issue with the loader being unable to find the USB if no card is inserted. I believe (but I'm not positive of this) that the newer revs even let you put cover images etc on a fat partition of the USB drive, eliminating the need for SD altogether.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, do you know which version of GX allows this? I'm on 409 and didn't see it, I'll have to looko around more.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I made a wad of one of the original loaders out and it works fine without the SD.
It uses the orange and black background and doesnt look too pretty without a custom background , but it does work - ill see if i can dig it out at soms stage and upload it for you.

benny99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have the GUI-FX loader (link) installed on the FAT partition of my USB HDD

Install the channel (wad) and lauch it WITHOUT sd card inserted in the slot, it will create the folder structure in the USB disk. (ALL files there). Once installed, the channel works as a forwarder.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Out of curiosity, do you know which version of GX allows this? I'm on 409 and didn't see it, I'll have to looko around more.

I always use a forwarder now, but I still had an old r125 channel on my system menu, and just tried it out.... it works just fine with no sd. I'm sure the newer revs do, to. Can't be positive since I haven't loaded GX via channel in ages, though. There's nothing vital stored on the sd (if loading by channel, obviously) that would prevent it from running correctly; as I said before though, if your covers are located on SD, then obviously they won't be loaded.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always use forwarders too, I was just hoping that there would be a way for me to get the covers/images all running off of the USB. :S

I'll worry about it in the future though, it's not that important really...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: