Usb Loader Vs Disc Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Technik, Jul 29, 2009.

?

Usb VS Disc

1. Usb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Disc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jul 29, 2009

Usb Loader Vs Disc Loader by Technik at 10:23 PM (2,865 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. Technik
    OP

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Now i know some people use USB Loaders and some people use discs and then maybe get modchips but i dont get the point.
    It seems like more work to 'buy blank dvds then format them correctly then get software to burn them then make sure it works and then eventually get a modchip so you can load it from the disc channe. And if you dont have a dvd reader/writer than you cant even do it/have to buy one!' compared to usb loader where you just Get a external Hard drive put the ISO on it and play it

So whats your opinion?

2. Bninja1v

Newcomer Bninja1v Advanced Member

United States
    I guess USB Loader is the best if you want to save money from buying more DVD's

3. bp2000

Member bp2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    usb loader is better because it loads faster and sves money on dvds ALSO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE wiibrew.tk

4. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Yes id have to go with usb loader as well you cant scratch it on usb [​IMG]

5. emupaul

Member emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Rationally speaking they both complement each other, cant really say one is better than the other, other than saying the discs load slower. I personally don't load off the usb because i own a usb 1.1 hd. I can see the cost savings of backing up to hd rather than dvd, however that being said, the same can be said of the dvd backup, some people only own 4 or 5 games and it would be a waste to backup on such a large harddisc and if you had kids you dont want them playing with your nicer equipment.

6. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I guess some people have a wide collection of discs being unused and don't have enough or can't see the point in getting an external. Other than that, maybe they have had their Wii disc modded (hard or soft) before USB Loader and don't want to change or maybe they just prefer discs/usb.

7. riddle43

Member riddle43 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    after i paid 119$ for my 1 tb hdd id have to say in the long run its best to usb but theres something kind of cool when you take a burnt game put it in and bam it works i just love my own discs
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    USB loader is more convenient, cheaper I wouldn't exactly say so. Depends on how many games you intend to try.

Blank DVD media is cheap and you also have the option to use rw. I realise rw don't work all the time, the few I have do work on the wii. Thing I hate most about dvds is that they're so easy to scratch.

All that said, usb would be my prefered choice.

9. bin01

Member bin01 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    *chorus* spam spam spam more spam more spam [​IMG]

10. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Usb Loader Vs Disc Loader? - Hybrid

11. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    usb loader. the thought of getting up and shuffling discs around makes me nauseous.

12. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Loading from USB is by far the better solution.

You have every game in your collection at your fingertips without having to change discs. Games load faster, or at least as fast as retail. There is no chance of scratching or damaging the discs. You have cover art, and with Wiitdb, descriptions and categories for every game. You don't worry about burning speeds or any of that junk, if the game works on USB and you have a good dump, it will work ever time. Saves the wear and tear on your Wiis optical drive.

The only reason I can see anyone sticking with burnt media at this point is if they already have a modchip and tons of burnt games, and don't want to bother for the odd new games they want to play, and/or they can't afford a USB hd and SD card.

13. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    I'm going with WiiPower here, I use both discs and USB so I use a hybrid. USB is much easier, but I use discs for the games that I put on discs with that laser imaging stuff so they look cool.

14. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I guess it all comes down to preference.

15. thebobinc

Member thebobinc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    think about the environment ... USB [​IMG]

16. vinzanity

Member vinzanity GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    i would also say both. If i love a game i'd most certainly buy it or burn it to a disc. I will however put it in the usb drive too. It's more like a backup just in case my hard drive fails. However shovelware games go direct to usb for me and eventually get deleted once i run out of space in the hdd :-)

17. Synchromatic

Member Synchromatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You could say that a USB Hard Drive could use more electricity. *shrug*

Anyways, I use discs just because I don't have space to put a HD next to my Wii.

18. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    I use DVDs (since I cant get the USB loader running [​IMG] ) and they are scattered all around my room. Tons are blank and I don't feel like putting names and stuff on each one. What I do like about USB though is that you know where everything is, and you don't have to worry about looking for that one disc that disappeared.

19. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    USB, because a ton of kids play my Wii and usb means I don't have to watch them so they don't scratht discs.

20. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    About a week before USB Loader 1.1 came out, I got a killer deal on some 100 pack Verbatim DVD-R, so I bought two spindles because of the low price. Once USB Loader came out, I picked up a Seagate 500gb Freeagent Go, and now I have almost 200 blank dvd-r just sitting under my computer desk. I had two 78 disc cd wallets, and was about to buy a larger one to hold my backups. I'm glad I didn't, because I don't even touch my disc backups anymore.

USB wins for me, because I don't have to deal with bad burns, swap discs out every time, wear out the laser on my Wii, and save space by fitting all the games into a tiny Freeagent Go. I can't think of one reason why I'd want to use discs, except for Call of Duty 3, and a glitchy Sam & Max (which I own a retail copy of).