Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now i know some people use USB Loaders and some people use discs and then maybe get modchips but i dont get the point.
It seems like more work to 'buy blank dvds then format them correctly then get software to burn them then make sure it works and then eventually get a modchip so you can load it from the disc channe. And if you dont have a dvd reader/writer than you cant even do it/have to buy one!' compared to usb loader where you just Get a external Hard drive put the ISO on it and play it

So whats your opinion?

bp2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usb loader is better because it loads faster and sves money on dvds ALSO CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE wiibrew.tk

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes id have to go with usb loader as well you cant scratch it on usb
smile.gif

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rationally speaking they both complement each other, cant really say one is better than the other, other than saying the discs load slower. I personally don't load off the usb because i own a usb 1.1 hd. I can see the cost savings of backing up to hd rather than dvd, however that being said, the same can be said of the dvd backup, some people only own 4 or 5 games and it would be a waste to backup on such a large harddisc and if you had kids you dont want them playing with your nicer equipment.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I guess some people have a wide collection of discs being unused and don't have enough or can't see the point in getting an external. Other than that, maybe they have had their Wii disc modded (hard or soft) before USB Loader and don't want to change or maybe they just prefer discs/usb.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after i paid 119$ for my 1 tb hdd id have to say in the long run its best to usb but theres something kind of cool when you take a burnt game put it in and bam it works i just love my own discs
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
USB loader is more convenient, cheaper I wouldn't exactly say so. Depends on how many games you intend to try.

Blank DVD media is cheap and you also have the option to use rw. I realise rw don't work all the time, the few I have do work on the wii. Thing I hate most about dvds is that they're so easy to scratch.

All that said, usb would be my prefered choice.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loading from USB is by far the better solution.

You have every game in your collection at your fingertips without having to change discs. Games load faster, or at least as fast as retail. There is no chance of scratching or damaging the discs. You have cover art, and with Wiitdb, descriptions and categories for every game. You don't worry about burning speeds or any of that junk, if the game works on USB and you have a good dump, it will work ever time. Saves the wear and tear on your Wiis optical drive.

The only reason I can see anyone sticking with burnt media at this point is if they already have a modchip and tons of burnt games, and don't want to bother for the odd new games they want to play, and/or they can't afford a USB hd and SD card.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
i would also say both. If i love a game i'd most certainly buy it or burn it to a disc. I will however put it in the usb drive too. It's more like a backup just in case my hard drive fails. However shovelware games go direct to usb for me and eventually get deleted once i run out of space in the hdd :-)

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Reru said:
thebobinc said:
think about the environment ... USB
biggrin.gif
You could say that a USB Hard Drive could use more electricity. *shrug*

Anyways, I use discs just because I don't have space to put a HD next to my Wii.

I use DVDs (since I cant get the USB loader running
sleep.gif
) and they are scattered all around my room. Tons are blank and I don't feel like putting names and stuff on each one. What I do like about USB though is that you know where everything is, and you don't have to worry about looking for that one disc that disappeared.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a week before USB Loader 1.1 came out, I got a killer deal on some 100 pack Verbatim DVD-R, so I bought two spindles because of the low price. Once USB Loader came out, I picked up a Seagate 500gb Freeagent Go, and now I have almost 200 blank dvd-r just sitting under my computer desk. I had two 78 disc cd wallets, and was about to buy a larger one to hold my backups. I'm glad I didn't, because I don't even touch my disc backups anymore.

USB wins for me, because I don't have to deal with bad burns, swap discs out every time, wear out the laser on my Wii, and save space by fitting all the games into a tiny Freeagent Go. I can't think of one reason why I'd want to use discs, except for Call of Duty 3, and a glitchy Sam & Max (which I own a retail copy of).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi