USB Loader loading cheats from USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WiiThoko, Jul 14, 2009.

Jul 14, 2009
  1. WiiThoko
    OP

Member WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I finally got my 1tb hard drive working for the USB Loader. I was wondering what USB Loader is capable of loading gct files from a DIFFERENT usb device. I would have my hard drive in one usb port and my flash drive with gcts (and covers anad that kind of stuff) in the other usb port. Which usb loader can do this?

2. iceache

Member iceache GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    None.

What you should do, is format your HDD to FAT32/WBFS/NTFS

put the cheats on the FAT32 partiton, and games on WBFS.. and whatever you want to use on the PC on NTFS.. and use USB loader GX.. it will allow you to change the path for cheat codes to USB:/codes

3. WiiThoko
    OP

United States
    Damn.
    I have to bring my hard drive back and forth to my wii then my pc EVERY time I want to use new cheats?
    D=

4. iceache

Member iceache GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Mmmm yes.

5. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    Why don't you get a 2gb SD card and use that? They're cheap enough, and will solve your problem with using 2 USB devices. If you have a wireless network, you can use Homebrew Browser to download Code Downloader and Cheat Manager, and then do everything (cheats) on your Wii itself. Running your hard drive back and forth for cheats alone is kind of silly.

6. WiiThoko
    OP

United States
    I did have 2 2gb sd cards, and 2 4gb sd cards that used to work perfectly with all homebrew but somehow I lost them all >_<
    My 8gb works in the homebrew channel and Wii menu, but in Usb Loader GX it says no sd card inserted. I'll just deal with going back and forth with the hard drive, unless someone has a solution to my problem with the 8gb sd card...

7. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I'm not near my Wii to check, but doesn't GX have an option to change where the images are loaded from? Perhaps you could change it to look for your SD card, instead of USB. I know it works, since all my data is on my 16gb sdhc card, and my drive doesn't even have a FAT32 partition. Seriously, I download all cheats, manage them, activate them, and use them all on my Wii in the bedroom. I only take my hard drive for a walk when I add new games, since the PC is on the other side of the house.