Hacking USB loader is not working

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my Wii, and setup the SD card, and homebrew channel.

I updated the Wii to v4.1, installed Preloader, and put all the system menu hacks on. Installed cIOS v14 and put Configurable USB loader to a channel.

Now, the only problem left is, when I go to boot a game off the HDD, it just goes to a black screen.

Could it be the removable HDD I have?

It's a cirago 320GB USB 2.0 HDD. I installed the ISOs over from WBFS Manager 3.0.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using NeoGamma's loader, and I just tried USB loader GX. Same results. Black screen.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried turning off the system menu hacks in Preloader? You don't actually need any of them to use Configurable, and they might be causing a conflict.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the USB loader before I installed Preloader.

I also tried it on 3.4U before I updated.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible your IOS249 (rev 14) failed during installation and you didn't notice. Try using the non-networked installation method referenced here.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I assume you have an NTSC television. Is the game NTSC? If not, you might have to go into settings and change the Video to System Default.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS claimed it installed fine.

I'm running backups off a burnt DVD-R

The same game that's on the disc is running on the Wii, but not from the HDD.

I'd run the games off the disc, but they slow down during FMVs, and I looked up the problem, and it's a problem with cIOS.

EDIT: Also, my TV is 780i, and upscales anything it receives lower. Even if the signal was PAL, it wouldn't matter.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gir489 said:
cIOS claimed it installed fine.
I know people who have had it say it installed properly where one of the downloaded sections was corrupted. I also know people that have had IOS249 break when upgrading to 4.1 and required a reinstall. Try the offline installation and see if that solves your problem.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed cIOS 14 after 4.1

But, I will try your offline thing, if it'll help.

EDIT: I get error -1 when I try to do a WAD installation.

EDIT: Moved the WAD to the main directory, and it did the same installation as it did on the network. Still a black screen when I load from HDD.

Some games differ what they do. Sometimes the same game will show a health warning, sometimes it won't. Call of Duty 5 shows the health warning, how to hold the light gun, and then gets stuck at "Loading..."

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's nice to at least rule that one out. It might indeed be your drive as you initially surmised. Thankfully, there's another possibility that just might work.

Try installing Hermes' IOS222 and setting "ios=222-mload" in your config.txt. Hermes' IOS has better hard drive compatibility than IOS249, and it updated just last night to support your Wii type, so hopefully that will do the trick.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In uLoader it's black screening, in configurable, it's going loading cIOS 222 in the beginning, but when I load a game, it says IOS 249 ....

It won't let me change it in the settings. It's grayed off.

In uLoader, I tried 222, 223, and 249. They all black screen.

EDIT: Running to a friend's. I'll be back on later.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gir489 said:
In uLoader it's black screening, in configurable, it's going loading cIOS 222 in the beginning, but when I load a game, it says IOS 249 ....

It won't let me change it in the settings. It's grayed off.

In uLoader, I tried 222, 223, and 249. They all black screen.

EDIT: Running to a friend's. I'll be back on later.
uLoader black screening is weird. Are you sure you downloaded the latest version (3.0B)? Cfg is grayed off because you must have saved some settings to that game previously. Press '2' to unsave the options and then you can start it with 222.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set Configurable USB loader to 222 and had the same effect as uLoader.

It's the latest version, I'm sure.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really sure what it is then. It sounds like the same problem when trying to use cios222 v3 on newer Wiis, but maybe v4 doesn't fix that problem for all Wiis. Apart from attempting the install of cIOS222/223 v4 again (and maybe try some alternate mergings) I can't think of anything else to get them working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended