USB Loader (i'm sooooo screwed)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by LaoBoy507, May 5, 2010.

May 5, 2010
  1. LaoBoy507
    OP

Newcomer LaoBoy507 Newbie

United States
    ok here's my problem...when i bought my wd 500 gb passport to put all my 60 games on there...i forgot to format the hard drive...my games still work on my wii and stuff but i was just wonderin how come my computer was able to read this before and not now? how to i back my hard drive up to another hard drive? my computer keeps asking me to format hard drive now. i click cancel and it says it won't allow me to play it....please HELP!!!!!

2. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Right click on WBFS Manager 3.0 and run as admin see if it works
    you can extract your games to computer then reinstall after you have finished

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    The Wii formatted your hard drive as WBFS. As the above poster said, you need WBFS Manager to read the drive.

4. LaoBoy507
    OP

United States
    nope..it says check if your not running it or if its or otherwise check to see if it has been wbfs formatted...

5. LaoBoy507
    OP

United States
    no...when i bought my hard drive...i never formatted it. i just plugged it in and partition the whole thing to fat32. i have 60 games...the hdd was working all the time before pluggin it in and out and my computer never broght up anything about my local disk needed to be formatted.

6. LaoBoy507
    OP

United States
    make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format. does this mean i gotta change the partition on my games on the hard drive when its plugged into the wii? all my 60 games won't be deleted off my hard drive after i formatted it on the wii to WBFS?

7. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    Could it be some pc virus locking his hdd? A similar problem happened to me and was a virus accessing the hdd at the same time I was trying to access it with any hdd wii app.