Hacking USB Loader/Hard Drive Question

jlg6184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I know that some hard drives have advanced power management, that can be accessed/modified to shut off the hard drive power down mode (standby, or whatever you are calling it these days.) thru HDParm/SDParm. Now my question, as my hard drive (only one available as my big drive is having massive read/write errors) doesn't have an advance power management feature (Old Samsung that seems to spindown/standby after about 10-15 minutes of inactivity), so I can't adjust it, so, is there a USB Loader that writes to, or keeps the hard drive active while playing backups through said loader? If no one knows, or nothing of the such has been implemented, that is fine, I will just have to settle with my 4GB flash drive for now.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure someone will enjoy correcting me if I am wrong but i believe cIOS 222 has a fix for harddrive sleep issues.

jlg6184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I will look into that, and will keep an eye out here to see if anyone is going to take you up on the whole "enjoyment of correcting"...lol

Shadic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadic.fleepa.net
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
I'm sure someone will enjoy correcting me if I am wrong but i believe cIOS 222 has a fix for harddrive sleep issues.
Can somebody confirm that? I'm having problems with sleep/slowdown as well, and would really like to have that fixed.

In the meanwhile, I'll try. Perhaps I'll edit this with how things went..

jlg6184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, he was right. CIOS 222/223 by hermes does have the spindown fix...Just tested with Tiger Woods...Before I could only play about the front 9 (I suck and am slow), now I can play thru the full 18...no problems at all. Let is sit for about a half hour after I finished up with the 18th hole, and still no spin down.

Shadic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadic.fleepa.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! Seems to be working fine for me as well. This is awesome. I was able to leave my character idled in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility until the remote turned itself off, but had no problems with it slowing down.

That was only about half an hour of testing though, I guess we'll see for sure later.

jlg6184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't have the spin down issue anymore after 10-15 minutes. but I am now noticing freezes at about 45 min to an Hour of playing...Need to test further to see if it is a game issue, USBLoader issue, hard drive issues, or the CIOS stopping from keeping the HD active...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night