Homebrew USB Loader GX won't show Wii games???

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put all of my Wii backup games in my HDD correct using Wii Backup Manager, and making sure that it is a 4GB split. Yet USB Loader GX won't show Wii games.. In fact only Gamecube games show (which run perfect on USB loader GX) My 2TB HDD is Fat32 with 32bit clusters and it plays everything great from Nintendont to mGBA. There are also no Wii game settings in the loader. It's mainly aimed at Gamecube games in the settings.

I think what's confusing me the MOST is...1. Why is it not showing up? I would love to have all of my games together without having to switch around apps.

2. When I play Gamecube from USB Loader GX it opens using Nintendont.. but IF I can get it to show up, what would it open with?? I heard someone say that it opens with USB Loader GX.. but HOW?

3. If I can't get the Wii games to show on USB Loader GX what are the best alternatives?

What is the Wii game version of Nintendont?

I want an application that can play Wii games just as good as Nintendont plays Gamecube games with customizable settings and all.

Though... I truly would rather have my Wii games show in USB Loader GX.. and play perfectly somehow..

I looked all over online and I'm SO confused. lol

(My Wii is 4.3u)

Please anyone, help my put this problem to rest. Thanks!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii games don't run under another application. They run using the IOS they were written to support or a cIOS that you have installed and specify in the Wii loader. GC games don't actually run under Nintendont either once they're loaded. Nintendont patches its code that redirects the disc interface, etc., into IOS 58 then starts the game.

If you have Wii games selected in the categories on USB Loader GX and they're not showing up then they're either not in a valid folder or the drive isn't partitioned/formatted correctly.

GC games: /games/game title [titleid]/game.iso
Wii gameS: /wbfs/game title [titleid]/titleid.wbfs

Reactions: DeathsPoet

Braixen361uwu

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why don't format your HDD to WBFS and put your games in that format? (only wii games)
Also put in another HDD/USB your GC ISOS and try Nintendon't.
Also make sure you have installed IOS and cIOS for USB LOADER GX. (uggh usb loader gx.)
use cfg usb loader

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii games don't run under another application. They run using the IOS they were written to support or a cIOS that you have installed and specify in the Wii loader. GC games don't actually run under Nintendont either once they're loaded. Nintendont patches its code that redirects the disc interface, etc., into IOS 58 then starts the game.

If you have Wii games selected in the categories on USB Loader GX and they're not showing up then they're either not in a valid folder or the drive isn't partitioned/formatted correctly.

I am almost absolutely positive that everything is correct in my drive. If I go to my HDD and open it I will find my wbfs folder when I open it I see game folders entitled for example Mario Kart Wii, then if where to go into the Mario Kart Wii folder I come across a wbfs file called RMCE01.wbfs

And the same goes for the other games. It's exactly as you said it should look.. my harddrive also plays Gamecube games perfectly, and my HDD is formated correcty as well. What are your thoughts?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why don't format your HDD to WBFS and put your games in that format? (only wii games)
Also put in another HDD/USB your GC ISOS and try Nintendon't.
Also make sure you have installed IOS and cIOS for USB LOADER GX. (uggh usb loader gx.)
use cfg usb loader

You should never format your HDD to wbfs as that limits you. Use Fat32 with 32bit clusters to get the most out of it when it comes to emulation on the Wii. Thanks though!

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Idk if this helps, but in the homebrew channel I have cIOSX rev20b installer, IOS236 Installer, and WiiGator's cMIOS

I think I installed all of them, but that was a year ago, and I followed a guys tutorial on Youtube. His video seemed very well recieved in the likes and comments so I assume he lead me in the right path. Still.. I cant see my Wii games...

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SOLVED: Ugh... finaly I solved this! So apparently it's not actually Wii games: /wbfs/game title [titleid]/titleid.wbfs as you said above.. but instead it's Wii games: /wbfs/titleid.wbfs

Placing the wbfs game files in a folder hides it from being recognized by any loader or program. Ugh finally. Thanks for your help!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX expects all disc-based games to be in a subfolder. It scans the game folder by looking for the "Game Title [TitleID]" pattern in the subfolders so it can get the ID without having to open the disc image and read through it.

You can't go just by whether Nintendont reads the drive as it supports running games from exFAT and Wii cIOSes don't. :) Remember, on the Wii everything including the filesystem is linked to the the dol file when it's compiled. There is no disc support in an IOS other than the console's disc interface for the optical drive.

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX expects all disc-based games to be in a subfolder. It scans the game folder by looking for the "Game Title [TitleID]" pattern in the subfolders so it can get the ID without having to open the disc image and read through it.

You can't go just by whether Nintendont reads the drive as it supports running games from exFAT and Wii cIOSes don't. :) Remember, on the Wii everything including the filesystem is linked to the the dol file when it's compiled. There is no disc support in an IOS other than the console's disc interface for the optical drive.

Ah! Ok! Thanks so much! :D

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey! I do have one last problem, but it's kind of different.. All of my games show up in USB Loader GX now, which is great, but for last couple of weeks I've had 1 game that wont show up.. but when go into Nintendont it shows up fine, and works perfect. The games settings from Nintendont look exactly as all the others so I'm not quiet sure why wont USB Loader GX show it. There also seems to be an open blank space in USB Loader GX the same size as a game, but nothing is there. Idk if that's normal or if it's like that because my game should be showing up there :unsure: Thanks again!

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

UPDATE: Still don't see the game.. so odd how just one game can disappear from the loader yet show in Nintendont.. (I thought it was 2 games, but I was wrong, it's just 1 game that won't show)

Last edited by DeadlyRevengexX,

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should never format your HDD to wbfs as that limits you. Use Fat32 with 32bit clusters to get the most out of it when it comes to emulation on the Wii. Thanks though!

I've been using a WBFS formatted HDD since Waninkoko released the first usb loader back in 2009. WBFS format worked great then and works great now. I just couldn't see transferring a whole HDD worth of games to a different format. I guess it depends on what you want your Wii to do, I run my gamecube backups from backup discs, and emulation works great from SD card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been using a WBFS formatted HDD since Waninkoko released the first usb loader back in 2009. WBFS format worked great then and works great now. I just couldn't see transferring a whole HDD worth of games to a different format. I guess it depends on what you want your Wii to do, I run my gamecube backups from backup discs, and emulation works great from SD card.
You don't have to transfer anything, wbfs2fat converts the partition automatically and within seconds: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wbfs2fat-py.291320/
The main problem with WBFS is that it doesn't support GC games. Also, obviously you won't be able to use the drive for anything else. That might not be a big deal to people who just leave the drive plugged into their Wii (U) permanently, but I tend to use the drive for file transfers and such occasionally.
Also, certain tools are known to corrupt games on WBFS partitions when new ones are added. To be specific, it's a bug in the game deletion that marks the wrong blocks as free so if you delete a game from a WBFS partition at any point using a buggy tool, then whenever you add a game (regardless of the tool used) it has a high chance of corrupting other games on the drive.

There's really no excuse to keep using WBFS these days when FAT32 is more flexible and converting to it is so easy.

Kmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where do you find different categories? I can't find anything in usb loader gx. Gamecube games or Wii games.

charleskimble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SOLVED: Ugh... finaly I solved this! So apparently it's not actually Wii games: /wbfs/game title [titleid]/titleid.wbfs as you said above.. but instead it's Wii games: /wbfs/titleid.wbfs

Placing the wbfs game files in a folder hides it from being recognized by any loader or program. Ugh finally. Thanks for your help!

Wait, so which is it?

I'm having a similar issue, but I thought the correct format for USB Loader GX was:

/wbfs/game title [titleid]/titleid.wbfs

And NOT this:

/wbfs/titleid.wbfs

Can anyone confirm?

My NGC ISO are showing up, but my Wii games aren't.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube: "/games/Game Title [TitleID]/game.iso" (or "disc2.iso" for second disc of two-volume games)
Wii: "/wbfs/Game Title [TitleID]/TitleID.wbfs" ("TitleID.wbf1" for the overflow file if the game is >4GB and you have them split)

All loaders are compatible with that naming scheme.

OmnikingOfSaiyans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube: "/games/Game Title [TitleID]/game.iso" (or "disc2.iso" for second disc of two-volume games)
Wii: "/wbfs/Game Title [TitleID]/TitleID.wbfs" ("TitleID.wbf1" for the overflow file if the game is >4GB and you have them split)

All loaders are compatible with that naming scheme.

What about if the game has 4 partitions , for Example i have super smash bros. brawl and it has RSBE01.wbfs , RSBE01.wbf1 , RSBE01.wbf2 , RSBE01.wbf3
because i can't get the game to appear and i tried everything everyone has said and it's still not working please help me.
Untitled.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over