Hacking USB Loader Gx wont show my game

Tieku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, i followed everything correctly i used the wii backup manager to transfer my files to my usb and when i go on to my wii i cant find the games, ill show what i did on my usb below

Attachments

• snap.PNG
    snap.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 256
  • snap 2.PNG
    snap 2.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 188
  • snap 3.PNG
    snap 3.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 205

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably because you're using a flash drive. Wiis are funny about running games from flash drives, some work fine while most don't work at all and for seemingly no reason.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what is the real problem ?
the device is not detected, or the game not found on your device?

device not detected :
USBGX > settings > loader's settings > Loader's IOS : 58
though, if it's a flash drive, you have a lot of (bad) chance that you won't be able to play any game because games reload to cIOS in slot249, and flash are rarely compatible with cIOS.

game not found :
USBGX > top menu > 4th icon > Wii
I know, I'll have to prevent the Wii from being automatically uncheck if no USB is found on one of your launch.

Last edited by Cyan,

Tieku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uh where do i go to do USBGX>Top menu> 4th icon >wii?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's probably because you're using a flash drive. Wiis are funny about running games from flash drives, some work fine while most don't work at all and for seemingly no reason.
ah i see..

what is the real problem ?
the device is not detected, or the game not found on your device?

device not detected :
USBGX > settings > loader's settings > Loader's IOS : 58
though, if it's a flash drive, you have a lot of (bad) chance that you won't be able to play any game because games reload to cIOS in slot249, and flash are rarely compatible with cIOS.

game not found :
USBGX > top menu > 4th icon > Wii
I know, I'll have to prevent the Wii from being automatically uncheck if no USB is found on one of your launch.

uh where do i go to do USBGX>Top menu> 4th icon >wii? sorry i had to post again because i didn't reply to your post

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
come one, where do yo have to go ?
That's just what I said !
you go into USBGX > then you look at the top menu > then you click on the 4th icon > then you search for the Wii option

what's difficult in understanding that?
where would you expect a "top menu" to be located ? maybe at the bottom ?
what you didn't understand is the "USBGX" acronym ? it means "USB loader GX" it's its contraption.
and even if you didn't understand "USBGX", you have issues in a program not displaying wii games, don't you think the solution is inside that program ? maybe the "top menu" I speak of is located in the program you have problem with ?

of course, to fix a USBLoaderGX problem you will not go to Wiiflow, or Nintendont !
go into USBLoaderGX, look at the "top menu" and locate the "4th icon". can't you just think "is there a top menu in the program I use ? is there at least 4 icons? what happens if I try it?" if there weren't, I'd understand you are confused, but here I don't.

people, put a little of your own.
you are the second user who ask me the exact same thing. When I tell "look at the top menu" and we ask me "where is the top menu?" ... maybe it is AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN, it's obviously in the program you use ! not on windows, your phone or on PS4 ! the thread's title is about USBloaderGX, no ?

sorry if I seem annoyed, or answer ironically ... I am.

When you use a program, explore its menus, options, possibilites. You'll know what exists and what you can do. If you tried clicking on each option and button, you'd know there's one where you can enable or disable the listing of Wii games.

edit: found a picture, maybe it's easier to understand :
1 : top menu, 4th icon
2 : Wii games !
410931sam4710.jpg
30105B0F9.png

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is your device detected?
Go into the loader's settings (the big engine button at the bottom left), then choose "HDD menu", and look at the first option in the list.
if it says "not initialized" it means your drive is not working.
if it says "FAT32" (or another partition format), it means the drive is detected and mounted. Maybe you have multiple partitions, and the wrong partition is selected? click on that first option in the list to refresh/cycle through all found partitions and select the one where you have your wii games.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
There are tons of threads like this, why can't you just "search"?
Anyway, if @Cyan advises didn't work, then try different USB slot.
If non of the above works, then use External HDD, Flash Drives may work but after few months they will stop working ( had a lot of experience with it)

Tieku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is your device detected?
Go into the loader's settings (the big engine button at the bottom left), then choose "HDD menu", and look at the first option in the list.
if it says "not initialized" it means your drive is not working.
if it says "FAT32" (or another partition format), it means the drive is detected and mounted. Maybe you have multiple partitions, and the wrong partition is selected? click on that first option in the list to refresh/cycle through all found partitions and select the one where you have your wii games.

I tried and nothing happened

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I should continue writing my big help guide to stop replying the same thing in all threads, and just link to the solution.

I tried and nothing happened
Wrong answer.
"nothing" can't happen.

what do you see ? (not nothing)
what did you try ? (not thing)
which text is displayed ? (not nothing)
Is your drive Initialized or not ? do you see a partition format (FAT32 ? NTFS ?), do you have multiple partitions ? did you select the correct one ?

Did you plug your drive in USB Port 0 like EVERY GUIDES tells you?
arriere+ports+wii.jpg

Last edited by Cyan,

Tieku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are tons of threads like this, why can't you just "search"?
Anyway, if @Cyan advises didn't work, then try different USB slot.
If non of the above works, then use External HDD, Flash Drives may work but after few months they will stop working ( had a lot of experience with it)

uh i don't have a portable flash drive only got a sd card and a usb

I should continue writing my big help guide to stop replying the same thing in all threads, and just link to the solution.

Wrong answer.
"nothing" can't happen.

I don't think were on the same page

Wrong answer.
"nothing" can't happen.

Is your drive Initialized or not ? do you see a partition format (FAT32 ? NTFS ?), do you have multiple partitions ? did you select the correct one ?

Did you plug your drive in USB Port 0 like EVERY GUIDES tells you?
arriere+ports+wii.jpg

Yeah my drive is in port 0 and i saw the format fat32 when i went into the HDD settings

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
only got a sd card and a usb
USB is this :
safescan-usb-kabel-voor-sf155-165.jpg

HDD is this :
external-hard-drive-500x500.jpg

I don't think were on the same page
then please, give proper words, because "nothing happen" is not possible. it's not possible that "nothing happen", unless you don't power on your console, then you are right, nothing happen.

Something always happen.
I asked you if you drive was detected (and explained how to check !), and you answer : nothing happen.
what do you think that answer means to my question? that it's detected but still no games are listed, or that the "hdd menu" doesn't detected your drive?

edit :
ok, so "FAT32" is written, it means your drive is working !
we are making progress

now, we need to check why wii games are not found.

here what we have :
you have only one partition on your drive (F: ? is that normal it's F ? you have C D and E on your computer?)
your games are properly installed (picture in first post)
HDD plugged into Port0
It's not a flash stick/drive/usbkey (it's a real HDD, right?)
the hdd is detected (FAT32 in hdd menu). Did you follow what I told you and clicked on that option to force a partition remount?
The "Wii games" sources is enabled

it means the hardware is properly setup and working, and the problem is a user's setting.

what's left to try :
Do you have the favorite option enabled ? (first button in the top menu, the one with the star logo). disable it.
Do you have the Categories option enabled ? (the drawer icon in the top bar), if it's blue, go into that menu and be sure "All" (should be at the top of the list) is checked with a checkmark [√] (not a cross [X])
your "parental control" option in the loader is enabled? it's possible to hide games based on the parental control level, if this is enabled it's highly possible your game is not displayed (fighting game, not for kids!)

Last edited by Cyan,

Tieku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, i don't have the favorite option enabled,
and for the categories option "All" is checkmarked

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok.

the loader is saying "0 games" at the bottom ?
which layout are you using in the loader? list/wall/carousel/banner ?

you have only one partition on your drive, right?
the FAT32 detected size by the loader matches your partition size on your computer? 14GB ? you are sure it's a HDD, right ? You said you don't have flash drives. There's no HDD with 14GB size

I think you are using a 16GB FLASH drive, even if you said you don't have a flash !
but, seeing it's detecting the FAT32, let's try to find why the game is not listed.
just to be sure :

THIS is flash : NOT WORKING
16GB-Imation-Flash-Drive-Ridge.jpg

THIS is HDD : WORKING
external-hard-drive-500x500.jpg

Last edited by Cyan,

Tieku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok.

you have only one partition on your drive, right?
the FAT32 detected size by the loader matches your partition size on your computer? (14GB ? you are sure it's a HDD, right ? You said you don't have flash drives. There's no HDD with 14GB size)

the loader is saying "0 games" at the bottom ?
which layout are you using in the loader? list/wall/carousel/banner ?

yeah i only have one partition, im using a thumb drive, the loader says there are zero games and im using the grid display

What kind of USB-harddrive are you using?

Attachments

• thumb drive.PNG
    thumb drive.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 174

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this is NOT a hard drive.
this is a Flash drive, thumb drive, flash stick, usb stick, usb key, whatever you call it.
so, we are trying to fix a problem which wasn't one.

flash are rarely working.
But, you said it detected your FAT32 partition in the HDD menu, so it should list the games on it. at least, listing the game is possible. playing it is not possible with a flash.
Or maybe you have a new flash drive problem never reported before: Detecting the partition is working, listing files is not working ! (usually, writing is not working, but reading is)

Flash drives are not stable to use with the Wii.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: 4nders

Tieku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is a Flash drive, thumb drive, flash stick, usb stick, usb key, whatever you call it.

But, you said it detected your FAT32 partition in the HDD menu, so it should list the games on it. at least, listing the game is possible. playing it is not possible with a flash.
Or maybe you have a new flash drive problem never reported before: Detecting the partition is working, listing files is not working ! (usually, writing is not working, but reading is)

ah i see..

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
We keep telling you not to use a flash drive and you keep telling us it's not a flash drive.
at the end IT IS a Flash Drive.

USB Stick and USB Flash Drive are the same thing.

Not to be rude or something but there is a reason why google exist, use it to learn the correct distentions of those devices.

Last edited by Lazyboss,

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I understand your frustration =)
That’s what I thought was wrong!
Very good guide from you though!

Last edited by 4nders,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there