Hacking USB Loader GX won't see my games partition.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always use cleanrip to dump my games so that way I know that I didn't get some randoms bad dump, but it won't see shit. I have a real hard drive now. It's a 2tb seagate that I got because a) price, and b) maximum power utilization is [email protected] during spin-up.

the drive is setup thusly.

352GiB fat32 gcn/hoembrew partiton.
~1.5TiB ext4 partition.

I used two games that I knew _had_ to work for gamecube I put my cpy of melee on it for wii it was Revolution Sports aka Wii Sports.

Main thing atm is exiting out of nitendont causes it to crash for some reason, and usb loader gx won't load anything at all for me it acts like it cannot see them.

For gamecube plain old .iso, for wii it's wbfs because i'm not going to waste precious space on dummy data.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what's your game's path and filename?
If it's ./wbfs/TitleID/TitleID.wbfs, then be sure to update the loader as this format has been added recently. or you could/should update to this format : /wbfs/Title [ID]/ID.wbfs

Are you using ext or FAT32 partition for the wii games?
be sure to select the proper partition to use for wii games (hdd settings, first option), and to enable wii games (4th icon in the top menu)
note that ext4 is not recommended for duming games with the loader, read is fine but write has issues if I remember correctly.
you can use the FAT32 partition for wii games too. 350GB should be enough for two games :P

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I placed thefiles where I watned and even set the directory for backuploader and it still didn't find them ,I gave up put them in a folder structure as you suggested, andthen set the directory thusly. The "return to menu" option that lists various channels, if you installed a forwarder for backuploader, would that be listed amongst the options? I don't know why it wouldn't as it current lists the channels that my wii has.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so it works with the "correct" path?
/wbfs/

For the "return to" menu, if you have the Forwarder installed, you should see "USBLoaderGX" name in the list of installed channel you can pick to return to.
if you don't see the channel's title, maybe you see the TitleID? select "UNEO".

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't havea forwarder isntalld I didn't even instal the homebrew channel fix for aspect ratio on the wii u as I try to avoid installing anything unless I hae to on the nand.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understand that.
I also didn't install anything (not even cIOS) on vWii, only the homebrew channel.

the aspect fix is not needed as a channel, you can run Aspect ratio fixer from Tueidj directly from HBC before running another homebrew.
USBLoaderGX and nintendont don't need it, it's integrated on boot.

The "return to" option is a way to tell the games to "return to" another title than the system menu title when exiting the game.
By default it loads the System menu title (/title/00010002/) but the loader can patch the game to replace that path to another installed title (another channel, or hidden channel) but it can't redirect to a homebrew.
At best, you can redirect it to the homebrew channel, so when you exit a game it automatically reloads HBC if you don't want to install another channel on your vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr