Hacking USB Loader GX Wont see my 3TB HDD(was seeing it perfectly fine last week)

DevilX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as the title says, i use usb loader gx, and all of a sudden it fails to initialize it no matter what, i even set it to multiple partitions and both ports. The hard drive is a Seagate 3TB with its own dedicated power cord, two partitions one ntfs and one fat32 (which i use for wii). The WiiU itself sees the hard drive and asks me to format it, and i use the hard drive for all my homebrew apps which still work(only thing on my sd card is project M). I cant figure out what to do for the life of me. I tried looking for an updated version but the download list doesnt show if its for vwii or not. tried looking for wiiflow but that doesnt say vwii either and i only see 2013 releases as the latest.

If anyone can provide me with links to an up to date vwii app list id be greatful as i need to add emulators aswell.

So yeah its 3TB seagate hard drive with power supply, Black WiiU original 32gb deluxe. everything else is running fine only issue is usbloader gx(my only usbloader)

On a side note is there a way i can give vwii wifi and not the WiiU?, i have the update that self updates if i leave it online so i erased my wifi connection. so my new games dont get covers lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First : there's no "vWii" version of homebrew which doesn't edit the system. All homebrew for Wii are working on vWii just fine.
System tools are the exception : cIOS installers, NAND editors (Wad manager, title deleters, etc.), just refrain from editing your internal memory with Wii homebrew, you will need vWii version instead, ask for help here first if you plan to do anything to your memory).

Now, about USBLoaderGX :
did you do something which made it not working? You updated it recently?
It worked fine and suddenly it stopped without changing anything? no update, no setting change, no HDD swap, no HDD data modified (file copied, moved, partitioned, formated, etc.), nothing?
Can't you undo what you did between the working state and the current state?

If you are on WiiU, the latest release should work. currently r1233, which is available from the internal update menu. but seeing you disabled WiFi, you'll find it in my signature.
I got recent report that HDD on vWii had initialization issue with revision 1230 and newer.
You could try the older versions, but start with r1229.
You can find it here : http://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX

DevilX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope didnt change anything, played just dance 2015 last week which was the only change in the HDD since the vwii homebrew came out, it fails to initialize but it still goes into usbloader gx like there was no issue except for the fact it doesnt show my games

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know why there's a sudden rise of incompatible/unrecognized HDD report for vWii.
I didn't change anything related to USB in last revisions.

Did you update your WiiU maybe?

try r1229, as that's a revision I know is working fine on vWii.
You can also try to delete (or backup) your settings : GXGlobal.cfg, and the .bin files in /usbloader_gx/ folder

DevilX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why there's a sudden rise of incompatible/unrecognized HDD report for vWii.
I didn't change anything related to USB in last revisions.

Did you update your WiiU maybe?

try r1229, as that's a revision I know is working fine on vWii.
You can also try to delete (or backup) your settings : GXGlobal.cfg, and the .bin files in /usbloader_gx/ folder

i have it working now after multiple tries, i deleted my config folder and the usbloadergx folder in apps, then i put the 1233 wupc ds3 mod release and its working now, i just had to redo all my directories back to the USB drive.

Is there a way to run project M straight the USB so i can eliminate the need for having an sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end