USB Loader GX won't see all games on HD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by aflamingo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. aflamingo
    OP

aflamingo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2011
    United States
    USB Loader GX can view 4 games on my HD while there's 8, oddly, Wii Flow can see them just fine. Is there any reason for that? They all have the same name "structure" so I doubt that's an issue, they're all on a fat32 partition and on wbfs format while some (Xenoblade chronicles and metroid prime trilogy) I split with Wit.

2. Theconejo

Theconejo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    United States
    I had some issues with .iso files and USB loader gx, they weren't showing up but the backups I made as .wbfs files came up fine. Are the formats of the files different? I ended up converting iso to wbfs instead of looking for a fix.

3. aflamingo
    OP

aflamingo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2011
    United States
    Sadly, they're all wbfs already

4. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    GX is locked with some parental control turned on (age, genre, etc) Make sure the padlock is showing unlocked and check that you havn't turned any genre to off in catagories

Use wiibackupmanager to look at the hard drive - are all the games visible?

5. aflamingo
    OP

aflamingo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2011
    United States
    Sadly, that's not the case, nothing is locked. Metroid Prime trilogy, New Super Paper Mario and Xenoblade Chronicles are the ones refusing to show on USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader, they work perfectly on Wii flow, that's what makes It so weird.

6. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    Some loaders read different naming formats, are the games that do not work named the same way as the ones that do

Mine are all labelled the same

Folder - Wii Play [RHAP01]
    Inside the folder - RHAP01.wbfs

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    be sure all your games are using the same path convention , and that it's a path convention compatible with ALL usbloaders.
    you said it was the case, so it's strange that only some games are displayed, but you could double check by using WiiBackupManager to fix all your path automatically:

- Launch WiiBackupManager
    - Go to Option > Settings > FAT32/NTFS tab
    - set this settings :
    1. Store files in separate sub-folders
    2. Naming Sytle : Title_ (or Title[GameID])
    3. enable "Automatically update Storage convention when drive is mounted"

it will use this convention :
    /wbfs/Wii Play_[RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs

I don't think it's a setting in USBGX because you said it's also happening in CFG Loader. so it's probably a problem on your device/path.

8. thegodlybeing
    This message by thegodlybeing has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jun 14, 2015, Reason: don't bump random threads to get help.
    Jun 13, 2015