Hacking USB Loader GX won't return to Games Menu

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everybody

(If this question has already been answered, please excuse me for not finding the answer yet.)

I am able to load USB Loader GX perfectly on my Wii. All my loaded games work and I'm happy with this piece of software.

My problem is, once I load a game (using USB Loader GX) the game plays fine. But once I exit the game, my Wii returns to the original Wii menu. Not the USB Loader GX games menu.

Am I missing a setting or what can be the issue?

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
same for me but its been like that for years for me lol

It would be so great if it's simply a matter of toggling a setting and you can just continue selecting games and playing them. Instead of loading USB Loader GX all over again.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
GX has option in the settings "Return to" so choosing that and selecting the loader will return you to it, instead of the main home screen. Install a USBLoaderGX forwarder WAD to do this, if not already.

Reactions: MontyQ

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GX has option in the settings "Return to" so choosing that and selecting the loader will return you to it, instead of the main home screen. Install a USBLoaderGX forwarder WAD to do this, if not already.

Awesome, I'll try that and report back. This is what I was hoping I missed somewhere..

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cheers ill try this too I do use the forwarder tho

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers ill try this too I do use the forwarder tho
OK, it works for me!

I haven't installed the USB Loader GX Forwarder yet, but I tested it with another "Channel", and I'm pretty confident it'll work now once the Forwarder is installed.

Reactions: MontyQ

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, my Wii belongs to the PAL tv system, compared to NTSC. Bit off topic (but still applicable, since it's part of my problem...), BUT do I need a PAL specific WAD file for the Loader to work with USB Loader GX. I obviously don't want to risk BRICKING my console...
Make sure you use the right forwarder. 5.1 is the newest one and Wii/vWii need different ones.

How do I determine which version of the Forwarded do I need to get (besides obviously for the Wii, NOT Wii U)? I don't care for the latest one, just something which will work without Bricking my Wii.

Last edited by WineAnt,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, my Wii belongs to the PAL tv system, compared to NTSC. Bit off topic (but still applicable, since it's part of my problem...), BUT do I need a PAL specific WAD file for the Loader to work with USB Loader GX. I obviously don't want to risk BRICKING my console...

How do I determine which version of the Forwarded do I need to get (besides obviously for the Wii, NOT Wii U)? I don't care for the latest one, just something which will work without Bricking my Wii.

Use this one for a regular Wii. The older versions below 5.1 had something wrong with them. (I can't remember what and it didn't cause bricks, it just didn't work quite right.)

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
No, region specific is not applicable, as all wad files work, regardless of console's region but some are tailored for regions like system menu, etc, so caution is needed. The main issue, is using the correct one for your system and not using Vwii on a Wii or vice versa on WiiU.

5.1 is the latest one for Wii that Greywolf linked.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

WineAnt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everybody, I'm glad to report everything is working just fine now.

I've installed the Forwarder, with no Bricking of my Wii, and I'm able to return to the USB Loader GX's game menu selection screen, with no problems.

Thank you for all your help!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Tamales exist. +1