Hacking USB Loader GX won't load Wii games on vWii

Yalaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got a Toshiba Canvio Basics 2TB Exclusive and it already seems like I might need to return it or trade it for another HDD because USBLoaderGX or any USB loader won't load Wii games and some won't detect the device at all.

On USBGX I'm using IOS58 and IOS249dx2-v10-52/53 and IOS249 (250 251 as well) seems to be the real problem here because it won't detect my USB at all so I need to switch to IOS58 to detect the USB and my list of Wii games but either way it won't load them.

I got my USB connected to a powered USB hub and Gamecube games work fine probably because they don't need IOS249... I checked the Wii USB compatibility list and it notes that it needs at least one cIOS dx2-v6 for the USB to work, which will probably brick my vWii... God, i hate vWii.

Can anybody give some advice, please?

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I just got a Toshiba Canvio Basics 2TB Exclusive and it already seems like I might need to return it or trade it for another HDD because USBLoaderGX or any USB loader won't load Wii games and some won't detect the device at all.

On USBGX I'm using IOS58 and IOS249dx2-v10-52/53 and IOS249 (250 251 as well) seems to be the real problem here because it won't detect my USB at all so I need to switch to IOS58 to detect the USB and my list of Wii games but either way it won't load them.

I got my USB connected to a powered USB hub and Gamecube games work fine probably because they don't need IOS249... I checked the Wii USB compatibility list and it notes that it needs at least one cIOS dx2-v6 for the USB to work, which will probably brick my vWii... God, i hate vWii.

Can anybody give some advice, please?
Why did you have ur USB connected to a powered USB hub??
Try to connect ur USB drive directly on the Wii U... and if it is an HDD, then you will need a Y cable to be detected in vWii loaders.
I don´t think that the problem has something to see about Ios-Cios...

Last edited by Escorpion,

Yalaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why did you have ur USB connected to a powered USB hub??
Try to connect ur USB drive directly on the Wii U... and if it is an HDD, then you will need a Y cable to be detected in vWii loaders.
I don´t think that the problem has something to see about Ios-Cios...

Thanks for answering.

I was using a USB hub to ditch the y-cable and power the HDD from the hub instead but like you said this doesn't work with vWii USBloaders strangely enough I could play Gamecube games but not Wii games.

But i've traded my HDD for a powered one and now the problem is solved.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hub works with IOS58 (hence why nintendot works), but not with cIOS (249/250, etc.) which means games from USB can't use it.
you can use your HUB as power source for the Y-cable if you want to keep other USB ports on your WiiU available for other purpose.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Yalaa

Yalaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hub works with IOS58 (hence why nintendot works), but not with cIOS (249/250, etc.) which means games from USB can't use it.
you can use your HUB as power source for the Y-cable if you want to keep other USB ports on your WiiU available for other purpose.

Thank you for explaining.

I knew it had something to do with ios249 but I wasn't sure if the hub or the hdd were faulty. Either way I solved it!

Last edited by Yalaa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y