Hacking USB Loader GX With Rock Band DLC

Liveordie56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I am using the USB Loader GX for Rock Band 2, The DLC always stays on the wii memory for some reason, usually it is suppose to delete after being played but still stay in the SD card, is there a fix for this at all that i don't know of?

sm32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this happens to me too. the only way i can get it off the wii memory is to use the disc, which is annoying since the disc and HDD copies think they're both different. i'll be keeping an eye out on this thread, thanks for starting it. some people mentioned a different IOS 232 or something? -- i don't recall, but i could only use the disc version with that, not USB.

hzechin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried it too. Used cIOS from Hermes, installed as IOS223 (merge 36 + 37), changed RB2 to load IOS223 in USBLoader GX and the problem persists. No issues with the instruments (GH:WT). I think the merge with IOS38 will not work either, the necessary stuff is present in IOS37.

Softchip using IOS232 (based only on IOS37) works ok with the disc.

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also found it not only happens when you DL DLC, but also when you PLAY your DLC. Personally I've only purchased 10 songs, but I can only play 1 in a session before I'm out of memory. (I've only got about 300 blocks free before I play. If I play a 2nd DLed song, I have 0.) So I guess until there's some fix for this, I'll have to stick with the disc.

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, can we dl song dlc and play rb2 with an usbloader? Is there a guide with an explanation. I've read your link but I don't understand it completely.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Phazon13 said:
So, can we dl song dlc and play rb2 with an usbloader? Is there a guide with an explanation. I've read your link but I don't understand it completely.

No; you can use DLC, or load from USB, but not both
frown.gif

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'm gonna get some dvd -r's. Why is it that not all songs are displayed. Like rise against, godsmack,...? I've installed all wads and got error -1017. Can someone help me.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
When I am using the USB Loader GX for Rock Band 2, The DLC always stays on the wii memory for some reason, usually it is suppose to delete after being played but still stay in the SD card, is there a fix for this at all that i don't know of?

Could you test this trick :
- Dowload a music : It goes to the WII memory
- Transfer the music to the SD card : It stays in the WII memory (and goes to the SD card too)
- Delete Rock Band data from WII memory : No music anymore ...
- Download another music : It goes to the WII memory but the previous music downloaded is back in the SD card (it was already in but not detected anymore by Rock Band) !

You can go on doing like that and so fill SF card with music while WII memory remains filled with only one music

This trick works with GUITAR HERO 5

Regards

Olivier

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Phazon13 said:
Guess I'm gonna get some dvd -r's. Why is it that not all songs are displayed. Like rise against, godsmack,...? I've installed all wads and got error -1017. Can someone help me.
That is normal; in fact, if an error doesn't show up you did something wrong xD Now for the songs that don't appear: make sure you installed all the three wads (sZAE, sZBE, and sZCE), if you don't have one that may be the problem. Also make sure that when you install them you get that error you mentioned; if you get another error or if no errors appear you have to install the wad again.

The newest songs aren't currently covered by any of the three existing dlc wads; so if the songs you say were released recently then there's nothing you can do. They should be unlocked with sZDE.wad, but it hasn't been released.

EDIT: I just googled it and sZDE.wad is already out... so look for it and install it, maybe that'll fix things

huntroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to resurrect this thread, I'm dealing with this memory issue as well using usb loader gx. Is there a fix? I've read elsewhere to use the latest cios (ios37). Would that take care of the memory problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Do you remember this song?