Hacking USB Loader GX/Wiiflow not reading hard drive or wbfs and iso!

MasterMicahWH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm posting this thread because I haven't seen anything with a solution to my problem. It took me 6 days and the experience from modding 3 Wiis to figure out that the installation guide I used did not include any cIOS installers. I had all of the apps and no software for the programs to recognize. If you've run into the situation where you can format your flash drive or SSD/HDD to fat32 with WBM and USBLGX running decently but some of the programs on your freshly soft modded Wii are not picking up on this, you most likely don't have the necessary IOS formats. Use the links I've put below in case you might need to catch up thanks to an incomplete guide. Considering these are exclusively for the original Wii, you can expect that they've had years to be in their final rendition meaning no worries of dated software that could potentially brick your system! Yay!

Sidenote: If you need to install cIOS 236 but did not previously install 249 (leading to what seems to be a softlock), then you may hold down the power button with no potential risk and restart the process after installing 249 for what is likely your first time. I would like to say that I've turned my pre-2010 wii off mid-process with the cIOS 236 installer from below only twice so there's no guarantee this will work safely for everyone.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you don't need IOS36 at all (again, remnant of following old outdated guides, please don't do that !)

NEVER follow video tutorials, they are archives forever and can't be updated, they are ALL outdated. NEVER do that, for anything (not just wii or console hacking).
at best, video can give a global information of the needed procedures, but in no way follow videos step by step, find a written and updated guide instead. Read, read and read as many thing and as many "problems" other users encounter to see if there are solution and if you might encounter any problem following the guide you picked.

Same as you should not follow outdated guides, you should also not use outdated homebrew or homebrew version!

You said to get the cIOS you'll provide : don't ! this is illegal to share.

there are three valid guides :
modmii
completesoftmod
wii.guide

all other are outdated.
even these one, but modmii has just been updated to take latest issues and report in account. which means now modmii properly put base57 in slot249.

If you need to install cIOS 236 but did not previously install 249 (leading to what seems to be a softlock),
what? you are saying wrong things here.
there's nothing called "softlock", and there are nothing wrong installing 236 after 249, you don't even need 236 at all. you only need ONE cIOS to play wii games from USB, that's all.

guide to softmod the console :
install HBC
install d2x cIOS base57 in slot 249
Done !

how can this be so hard to follow 2 steps?
there shouldn't even be any need of a guide.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse