drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,

i should be getting a mayflash gamecube to wii u 4 player controller adapter and wanted to see if USB Loader GX could play gamecube games on the Wii U. i have a game on a fat32 harddrive so i thought i would test it out to see if it would run.

when i try running the game, it gives me an error message: You need to install Devolution or Dios Mios (lite) to launch Gamecube games from USB or SD Card.

is it safe to install Dios Mios on my wii u? and would i use Dios Mios and not Dios Mios lite since i am running the games off a USB drive not an SD card?

thanks in advance.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,

i should be getting a mayflash gamecube to wii u 4 player controller adapter and wanted to see if USB Loader GX could play gamecube games on the Wii U. i have a game on a fat32 harddrive so i thought i would test it out to see if it would run.

when i try running the game, it gives me an error message: You need to install Devolution or Dios Mios (lite) to launch Gamecube games from USB or SD Card.

is it safe to install Dios Mios on my wii u? and would i use Dios Mios and not Dios Mios lite since i am running the games off a USB drive not an SD card?

thanks in advance.

DO NOT install Dios Mios on your WiiU! I have no idea what it will do, but it will probably brick something! Your version of USB Loader GX is outdated, update internally to r1234 or use Cyan's signature to update to r1239. Currently, Nintendont (Wii U Hacking & Homebrew stickie) is the best option for playing GameCube games in general

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the replies. i see in USB Loader GX, in settings > features, theres an option, update Nintendont. is it safe to assume this will work on the wii u and is will work like Nintendont app?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the replies. i see in USB Loader GX, in settings > features, theres an option, update Nintendont. is it safe to assume this will work on the wii u and is will work like Nintendont app?

Do you have Nintendont period? If not, it will probably give you the app. It may throw you an error along the lines of "apps/nintendont folder does not exist!", though, in which case you'll actually have to download the app (like I said, first stickie called "Nintendont" in this subforum)

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, sorry for the late reply, i was waiting for my mayflash adapter to come in and i finally got my mayflash gamecube to wii u 4 controller adapter.

i added nintendont, updated it and have the latest usb loader gx. i could load the gamecube games fine with nintendont but if i try in usb loader gx, it hangs on the nintendont loading screen.

i found these settings on another site but im still having the same issue of it freezing. i have to unplug my wii u and restart it because it doesn't load the game. what are the correct settings to use for games? currently i have luigi's mansion and legend of zelda four swords (dont think the gameboy advance to gamecube wires will work on nintendont but i do have a wii that it works with)

Code:
GameCube Settings
GameCube Source: Auto (SD Card)
GameCube Mode: Nintendont

DM(L) + Nintendont Video Mode: Force NTSC480p
Progressive Patch: ON
Force Widescreen: ON
Debug: OFF

DIOS MIOS (Lite) (Everything OFF)

Nintendont
Auto Boot: ON
Video Deflicker: OFF
Memory Card Emulation: Individual
Memory Card Blocks Size: 251
USB HID Controller. ON
GameCube Controller: 1
Native Controller: OFF
LED Activity: OFF
OSReport: OFF
Log to file: OFF

Devolution
(Everything OFF)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't use progressive patch by default.
Some games don't work with that option enabled.

Using "auto" will set the video mode to the game's region, and let nintendont set the correct video mode.
If Auto doesn't work, you can try other video mode individually (in the individual game setting, not in the global settings. Before launching a game select preferences>game settings), usually you need to use the one matching your game's region. (if you play a PAL game then force PAL, if you play an NTSC game then force NTSC)
but auto is the best choice most of the time.

Auto + Widescreen patch + Memory card should be the best setting.

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the replies guys but im still having issues with it freezing when i try booting luigi's mansion through usb loader gx.

these are my settings. are they the same as what you have?

Gamecube Settings -
Gamcube Source: auto
Gamecube Mode: Nintendont

DM(L) + Nintendont -
Video Mode: Auto
Progressive Patch: Off
Force Widescreen: On
Debug: Off

Dios Mios Lite -
Everything Off

Nintendont -
Auto Boot: On
Setting File: No Change
Video Deflicker: Off
Memory Card Emulation: On (multi)
Memory Card Blocks Size: 251
USB-Hid Controller: On
Gamecube Controller: 4
Native Controller: Off
WiiU Widescreen: On
Led Activity: Off
OSReport: Off
Log to file: Off

Devolution -
Everything Off

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its North american version. i tried turning off the widescreen settings just to see if that would fix the issue, but still have the same problem. it hangs on this screen and nothing happens so i need to unplug my wii u each time it happens.
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 8.21.20 PM.png

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at the moment, i have the mayflash gamecube to wii u 4 controller adapter plugged into the front. the adapter being plugged in works fine with nintendont. USB Loader GX still gave me the same issue when i didn't have the adapter plugged in. thanks again for your help, i really appreciate it:grog:

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would prefer to run the games from usb loader gx but if we can't figure it out, i can just run it from nintendont.

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i replaced the boot.dol with the one you provided. nintendont works fine with it but USB Loader GX is still having issues. this time i get this screen and it freezes there. i press b but nothing happens.
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 9.16.38 PM.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: