USB Loader GX VC Game Question?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ju421019, May 28, 2009.

May 28, 2009
  1. ju421019
    OP

Newcomer ju421019 Advanced Member

United States
  2. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No. Install to System Menu or to SD to save NAND space if you're on 4.0. If you're worried about space for VC titles, an excellent alternative is to use the available emulators. Roms are MUCH smaller than Virtual Console wads. For example.... Super Mario Brothers 3: rom is well under 1MB, Virtual Console wad is roughly 10MB.

3. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ROMS are indeed a lot better of an option, however you'll get better graphics and stuff for the VC games AFAIK.

From what I know you can't 'forward' to VC wads, which is what you're asking.

From what I've seen around here it seems you can only 'forward' to .dol/.elf, meaning that you can't forward to it since it's a .wad ... >_>;

That's what I've understood so far though, I could be wrong, keep looking and you might find a way around it!

4. nolimit966

nolimit966 Newbie

Its such a shame the Wii has such rediculously limited space for Virtual Console games. Can the not be run from a SD card yet? a nice 32GB one would be ace!

5. JohnnyCheeks

Member JohnnyCheeks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm personally waiting it out for 249 rev14 as it'll support direct loading of VC/WiiWare from USB devices. Hopefully Wani will implement that as well as WBFS support for WADs (which would be AWESOME for those who've formatted their drives to just one partition).

6. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As mentioned above, it's been reported that the next version of cIOS will allow the booting of WADs from a hard drive. Just wait two weeks or get a large SD card. [​IMG]

7. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States

4.0 system menu made it possible to run from the sd card,but if your playing pirated vc/wiiware games then you will need a patched ios60 first.

8. iceache

Member iceache GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Rev14 is gonna allow USB VC/WiiWare loading I do believe.