Hacking USB Loader GX, USB Config not detecting .gct or .txt files

captiveofchrist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. First of all I'll say that Loader GX is able to find files, but when it comes to me putting custom or downloaded (from websites) it doesn't detect them at all not even if I change the custom path.
I realize about a dozen other people have had the same issues yet Ive done every suggestion and still no avail.

Yep, got a codes and txtcodes files on the root of my sd.

Yep I place the .gct or .txt into their respective folder (depending on which I need).

Yep Ive checked the codes are for NTSC and not PAL.

The main game is Black Ops wii.

Yep I have the files named as GAMEID for blackops (whatever it is im on mobile phone so I wont bother looking because I know what it is)

Yes I have ocarina set to on or global (tried both)

What's odd is that it still says no gct detected. Yet sometimes when I only have the txt present it opens up to a black body which is all white, no text, on off, or anything and after 8 seconds it freezes. I just want to use the codes for zombies for fun with my mates.

I trust you people, please help

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe the text file is not using the proper format?
ANSI, UTF8 with or without BOM?
check a working file and see how it's formated.

Let the loader generate the gct file for you and it will put it in the proper folder with the proper format.

If the txt file has too many codes, it will take a looooot of time to display them in the Ocarina code list window. (monster hunter takes ~1min to load all codes)

Reactions: captiveofchrist

captiveofchrist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the text file is not using the proper format?
ANSI, UTF8 with or without BOM?
check a working file and see how it's formated.

Let the loader generate the gct file for you and it will put it in the proper folder with the proper format.

If the txt file has too many codes, it will take a looooot of time to display them in the Ocarina code list window. (monster hunter takes ~1min to load all codes)

It was neither of those formats, but I looked at the working ones and saw they were UTF8 so.I switched it to that and Ive been waiting 10 minutes and still get this screen, except oddly it hasn't frozen like normal.

Every code line has * which I know from my code manager days means when you load it into the manager it makes the .gct codes all on. I removed those stars and it's still white with only the wrench showing

It

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
compare the working one with the non working one.
There's probably something different. Missing CodeID at the top of the file?
spaces at the beginning of the lines?

Don't add the asterisks, it's not used by USBLoaderGX.
The loader detects the selected codes by decrypting the gct, so there's no need to put asterisks.

Reactions: captiveofchrist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)