USB Loader GX stuck at "Changing USB Port to 1"

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by cantthink278, Mar 25, 2013.

1. cantthink278
    OP

Newcomer cantthink278 Member

United States
    So I recently ordered an external hard drive (self powered) a weekish ago and it finally came. I formatted it in the Wii backup loader and added all WBFS games to it, problem is when I load it up in USB loader GX It just sits at "Changing USB Port to 1" Any ideas how to fix this?

It basically sits at "Initialize USB Device" than goes to Waiting for HDD , than goes to Changing USB Port to 1 and just sits there. My usb cable is in the back top USB port, I tried the one below it but it doesnt recognize the HDD. Not really sure what to do at this point anymore.

After going into USB loader and changing it to load both ports or whatever, now its at Mounting USB port to 1 but still no luck getting usb loader gx to load with the hard drive in.

I used a workaround that I found online, leave my hard drive off until it says looking for harddrive than turn it on. works 100% now

2. metroid maniac

Member metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

United Kingdom
    Post once. Go back and edit your post if you have to.

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    the port 0 is the one you should use (the bottom one, near the edge)
    It tries to mount port1 because your drive wasn't detected on port0, but the loader being stuck on waiting port1 was a bug.
    It's corrected in r1211

4. cantthink278
    OP

Newcomer cantthink278 Member

United States
    Even with this new usb loader you gave me, it just sits on loading usb device and does nothing UNLESS i have the hard drive powered off and turn it on while it is searching for the hdd..than it works. would just like to bw able to run usb loader gx without having to power off and on my hdd every time.

Oh also port 0 does not work. I put the HDD into port 0 and even with the workaround I have been using it just does not detect my HDD at all. Only works in the top back USB slot.

5. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Which cIOS version are you using? Some people suggest using d2x v10 beta 52 (not 53-alt) and that one only supports the bottom USB slot to my knowledge, but supposedly has higher compatibility.
    I use the 53-alt and have had no issues with it, but your mileage might vary.

6. GIngaRanga

Newcomer GIngaRanga Member

Canada
    I have the same issue. After waiting 20 minutes it loads but not my USB HDD only channels. I haven dx2 beta 53 alt and my HDD formatted to FAT32 with 32KB sections. Any help??

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm also using on a vWii and USB loader v.3 rev. 1256