Hacking USB loader gx stopped reading usb

BaconInANutshell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It was working fine a couple of days ago, now i boot up my wii and it doesn't recognise a single game anymore, what could the problem be and how do i resolve it?

IMPORTANT: it recognises the usb itself, but when it is done, it says 0 games

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It was working fine a couple of days ago, now i boot up my wii and it doesn't recognise a single game anymore, what could the problem be and how do i resolve it?

IMPORTANT: it recognises the usb itself, but when it is done, it says 0 games

Hello. :)

Please can you give us a little more Information about your Wii/Setup/which Loader and your USB device ?
Which cIOSes have you installed ?

Thank you.:)

BaconInANutshell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello. :)

Please can you give us a little more Information about your Wii/Setup/which Loader and your USB device ?
Which cIOSes have you installed ?

wii: model number rvl-001, newest version, dark blue theme
setup: i don't know what you mean
which loader: usb loader gx, wad installed but that shouldn't matter
usb device: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/kingston-d...bltgh=umCzQsRS-GbaZGnXAalNxg.1.3.ProductTitle FORMATTED TO NTFS
cIOSes: cIOS202[60]-v5.1R, cIOS222[38]-v4, cIOS223[37-38]-v4, cIOS224[57]-v5.1R, cIOS249[57]-d2x-v8-final, cIOS250[56]-d2x-v8-final

sorry for my noobiness

EDIT: i'm going to format it to fat32, i read that that would work
EDIT2: it didn't work
EDIT3: you liked this but could you please answer

Last edited by BaconInANutshell,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
wii: model number rvl-001, newest version, dark blue theme
setup: i don't know what you mean
which loader: usb loader gx, wad installed but that shouldn't matter
usb device: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/kingston-d...bltgh=umCzQsRS-GbaZGnXAalNxg.1.3.ProductTitle FORMATTED TO NTFS
cIOSes: cIOS202[60]-v5.1R, cIOS222[38]-v4, cIOS223[37-38]-v4, cIOS224[57]-v5.1R, cIOS249[57]-d2x-v8-final, cIOS250[56]-d2x-v8-final

sorry for my noobiness

EDIT: i'm going to format it to fat32, i read that that would work
EDIT2: it didn't work

If you use the latest Version (and that is recommended please) then please check the USBLoaderGX Settings
In Loader's settings please try changing the Loader's IOS from 249 to 58.:)

If not please Update your Loader:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/

(the Update feature maybe is not working INSIDE USBLoaderGX you have to update "per hand" please)

Your main Game compatibility cIOSes 249 and 250 are good.

And please check your USB device is plugged in the CORRECT USB Port:

728px-Wii-USB-port.jpg

Maybe you can also give your USB device another try with WBFS format.

Good Luck.:)

P.S. you surely know about that Thing with USB Sticks/Drives and their behavior with USBLoader´s and not 100% correct working with them.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you sure it's not just a problem of "display Wii game : YES" ?

Top menu > 4th icon > Enable Wii games to be listed :D

One day I'll remove the "auto uncheck wii games if USB is not detected and switch to channel mode" as users don't know that option exists and they have to re-enable wii games from USB to be listed again.
instead I should replace with a prompt if no game is found "no game found, select a source from 4th icon" instead of forcing channel mode without explaining wii games has been disabled.
Plus, I think I fixed a bug when Wii was still checked if USB wasn't mounted, it shouldn't crash anymore even if USB is accessed but not present.

Last edited by Cyan,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Also, you might want to stay in the homebrew menu for a moment before opening USB Loader GX.
In the homebrew menu a small icon at the bottom right shows that USB has been recognized (I think).

If I do it too quickly, I also sometimes get 0 games -> exit to homebrew -> wait 10 sec -> try again and display Wii games (as Cyan has already stated).

BaconInANutshell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

If you use the latest Version (and that is recommended please) then please check the USBLoaderGX Settings
In Loader's settings please try changing the Loader's IOS from 249 to 58.:)

If not please Update your Loader:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/

(the Update feature maybe is not working INSIDE USBLoaderGX you have to update "per hand" please)

Your main Game compatibility cIOSes 249 and 250 are good.

And please check your USB device is plugged in the CORRECT USB Port:

View attachment 175361

Maybe you can also give your USB device another try with WBFS format.

Good Luck.:)

P.S. you surely know about that Thing with USB Sticks/Drives and their behavior with USBLoader´s and not 100% correct working with them.:)

i don't really know how to check if it is the latest version, what i do know is that i installed all of this 16 juli this year, and it worked till the 17th then i never booted it up untill yesterday and it didn't work

i changed my ios from 249 to 58 and that didn't work

and yes, i already knew that it had to be in the right port so that is plugged into the right one

also: here my whole sd card: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VLA-Tn2fiWdmD3vzh0FkWokpTTH-sSel

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, you might want to stay in the homebrew menu for a moment before opening USB Loader GX.
In the homebrew menu a small icon at the bottom right shows that USB has been recognized (I think).

If I do it too quickly, I also sometimes get 0 games -> exit to homebrew -> wait 10 sec -> try again and display Wii games (as Cyan has already stated).

zre u kidding me, that was it! it works now thank you, now i can get into installing nintendon't

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are you sure it's not just a problem of "display Wii game : YES" ?

Top menu > 4th icon > Enable Wii games to be listed :D

One day I'll remove the "auto uncheck wii games if USB is not detected and switch to channel mode" as users don't know that option exists and they have to re-enable wii games from USB to be listed again.
instead I should replace with a prompt if no game is found "no game found, select a source from 4th icon" instead of forcing channel mode without explaining wii games has been disabled.
Plus, I think I fixed a bug when Wii was still checked if USB wasn't mounted, it shouldn't crash anymore even if USB is accessed but not present.

yeah i know that i did that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Oh? What did you take to get Hi? :angry: