Hacking USB Loader GX sends me back to home menu

pengypikmin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple weeks ago I was using usb gx and I tried to update it. Unfortunately when it finished updating I could no longer open the channel and it sent me back to the home menu. I was using a wad so I didn't have the boot.dol which I downloaded to play the games. This is very annoying as my actual copies are very beat up so I open usb gx a lot. I have tried reinstalling the wad and using a fowarder. I would very much appreciate any help on this subject.

My Wii:
firmware 4.3
wad manager 1.7
USB loader GX 2.0
Cios 249 rev 21

Please help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need IOS58 installed for the channel version or the forwarder to work, or else it will just get you back to Wii menu.
Though, you should already have it if you are on 4.3

You can try the older forwarder (from 16.06.2009), and place boot.dol on your SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FYI, usb loader gx 2.1 is out.
It has real time 3d cover view under the "details" section of the game.
Comes in two versions: cios 249 version and Cios 222 version.

Also make sure you get the version from the official site and install that on your sd or USB drive.
Delete all config files etc, before updating.

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list

Change log

USB Loader GX v2.1:
Released on 2011 03 20

New :
* Auto-patch New Super Mario Bros. Wii AP (no Wip file needed).
* Games marked as "New" will also appear in favorite mode.
* AltDol+ feature added. Select AltDol method "Prompt when launching" to see a list of dols when launching the game.
If a wdm file is found in wdm path, it will be used to rename the found dol files to friendly names.
* Automatic AltDol for known problematic games (SSX, Red Steel, Wii Sports Resort, etc.)
* Carousel arrow position is now themable.
* Individual Parental control option for every menus and buttons.
* When deleting a game, you will be prompt for deleting everything related (covers, cheats, etc.).
* New setting for Home menu layout.
* Added support for physical sector sizes other than 512 bytes per sector for wbfs partitions only!
Tested with a 3TB drive with a sector size 4096 on wbfs partition (thanks to Dexter).
* Added download for Full covers. If a Full cover is found, 3D box will appear in the game info page.
* Added additional sort mode "Sort by number of players".
* Added support for Multiple partitions. When active, all games from all partitions of the current USB port will be listed.
The selected partition in the GUI Setting will be used for game installation.
* Added support for Wiimms virtual sector sizes for WBFS to store more than 500 games.
* New Theme menu to manage downloaded themes.
* Added support for using USB port 1 (ONLY ON HERMES CIOS).
* Added support for using both USB ports at once (ONLY ON HERMES CIOS).
Use this option with Multiple partitions option to list all the games from all partitions from both ports at once.
ATTENTION : Set all your user defined paths to SD card or you can corrupt your data.
* Added cache of game titles. This will speed up the startup of the loader. It can be deactivate in the settings.
* Added left/right on game info screen to go to the next/previous game.
* Added a widescreen and font scale factor.

Changes :
* WiiTDB cover download logic changed. Missing cover's localization won't fall-back to English.
* Libfat now use FS info sector on FAT32 partitions to improve free space reading speed.
You need to run "Synch FAT32 FS info" once in the Loader setting if free space reading is still slow or free size inaccurate.
* Cover download menu now uses checkboxes. Choose Discart download priority in the GUI Settings.
* Changed USB Loader GX WBFS formatter to choose 2048 as virtual sector size if a drive with a size > 500GB is formatted.
* Removed playcount limit (Previously set to 255).
* Changed default setting for video mode back to disc default (Correct black screen on game launch).
* Changed title/channel browser to use WiiTDB for displaying title names if no name is found in WiiTDB the old method is used

Fixes :
* SD Card icon no longer reset the currently loaded Theme.
* Fixed bug in the homebrew browser and the homebrew launcher when received via network.

Also, this could be related to your problem: http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/iss...&colspec=ID Type Status Priority Owner Summary

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM