XP
Country
United States
Wii 3.1U- Homebrew-

-all apps on a 4GB sdhc transcend card-
-Nintendont 5.481-
-USB Loader GX 3.0r1268-
-USB Loader CFG 70r78.11-222-
-GC and Wii games on a partitioned seagate barracuda 500gb sata through a sabrent usb enclosure-
-Wad emulator files on same 4GB sdhc transcend card through emunand

went into settings on GX and changed
GUI > game window > rotating disc

when i click on the game i dont get the rotating disc...it starts the game
from what ive been reading, the rotating disc gives me the option to rename...what did i do wrong?

TIA

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you activated (by mistake) the Auto start setting.
I think it's in the GUI settings too, so you probably clicked on it without noticing.

Renaming games using that method seems to have a bug.
It works, but sometime USBLoaderGX doesn't load the cached file, and/or use Wiitdb's game titles instead.

If you want a more future proof method, you'd better edit wiitdb.xml file and rename your title there. (of course, you'll lose your changes if you ever update wiitdb again from the loader's update menu)

Renaming game (whether you use internal method or wiitdb) has another issue : it doesn't work well (or at all?) for channels installed on real NAND. But you asked specifically for emuNAND so you shouldn't encounter that bug.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: zootedlooter

zootedlooter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i definitely activated it...not by accident...was suggested to me in another forum,...thanx...ill change it when i get home,,and also look into Wiitdb..and i already dumped the nand...so thanx for the reply

zootedlooter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the spinning disc working...thanx...although i havent figured out how to wiitdb.xml yet GX found and corrected all the titles but 1 currupt one that i deleted

Last edited by zootedlooter,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to use wiitdb, you need to :
1- download latest database (settings>update>wiitdb/gametdb)
2- enable the use of the database (settings>features>use gametdb : enabled)
3- do not force the loader to get titles from the ISO (settings>features>use disc name : disabled)

now all games will have their correct titles.
the only known issue with with Okami (which has issues displaying japanese O, so the title is displayed as "Kami" and located at the end of the list).

Reactions: zootedlooter

zootedlooter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes that is exactly what i did(found your suggestions on another thread) and got positive results(except Okami like you said)...this is what fixed all my titles...you must get tired of posting guides over and over...thanx for your patience and understanding with all us n00bs...i was under the impression this is where id be able to customize the titles..guess i misread your reply above

anyway...1 more issue, then i have the entire Wii tweaked to my satisfaction(for a few days at least)...
there are 3 titles that arent complete...Luigis Mansion(GC) Pokemon RED and Pokemon Blue(WiiWare?) dont have covers...Mansion is mislabeled as well...GX cannot fix this even though Gametdb archived Mansion...in NAND red and blue have covers...all of your previous suggestions in this thread are implemented and working

once again...thanx for getting me on track to calm my neurotic filing

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm starting to get tired to replying "how to install cIOS" and "how cIOS works", because it's like 3-5 times per week !
I should really start a guide I could redirect people to ahaha

the other questions are fine, they are less often asked. Even if it's always the same answer, it's harder to find the answer in recent threads so I can explain again. but I guess I could write a USBGX tutorial fully by that time with all the guide I wrote all over the forum! I should have wrote all my answers to a wiki instead :P

The covers and titles are based on gamedb/wii's website http://www.gametdb.com/Wii
if that website doesn't have that cover, it's because nobody shared one. If you find that cover, please post it to the website to help other users complete their missing library :)

Luigi's mansion doesn't seems to be wrong on the database. all 3 results have the covers and discs.
which one do you need and from which region?
the title seems fine too.

USBLoaderGX have an option to fallback to lowres if HiRes cover is not found, and to fallback to En if <specific language> is not found too. check in the GUI settings for these options.
maybe you set the option to get only lowres, but for luigi's mansion some covers are only in hires, some only in lowres. just set the option to get both version if one is missing.

Pokémon red/Blue are probably not official games, but injected ROMs into an original VC game from the same console.

Can you give me the TitleID of these 3 games you are using?
you find the titleID in the "list view layout" (the first layout choice in the top menu), and displaying "both" in the GUI settings, display :region, TitleID, both

Last edited by Cyan,

zootedlooter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
title ID for Luigis Mansion is listed as "Luigis" not GLMxxx ...this has to be the issue
in CFG the ID is recognized as GLME01
title ID for Pokemon Blue is - G005
title ID for Pokemon Red is - G006

EDIT: i had previously set the GUI for Hi res/Lo res

Last edited by zootedlooter,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think your issue with Luigi's mansion is the name of the folder.
don't put the ISO into the folder named luigis_mansion (or any 6 letter's long folder), or followed by a underscore "6letters_" as it will be used as titleID.

either rename the folder with the real titleID (GLMxxx) or the full title + id :
/games/luigi's mansion [GLMx01]/game.iso

USBGX has this priority when reading the TitleID :
1. /games/any name [TitleID here]/ (ID in bracket at the end)
2. /games/TitleID here_ any name/ (ID at the start, followed by underscore)
3. /games/titleID only/ (only for gamecube, doesn't work with Wii)
4. /games/name/game.iso (internal TitleID in the ISO)

The pokemon games are hand made, they don't exist officially so the cover's database doesn't know about them.
Gxxxx could be any game created by any users. you'll have to create your own cover/disc image/banners if you want any, and put them in corresponding folders (look in /image/2D, 3D, Banner, etc.)

Last edited by Cyan,

zootedlooter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fixed Luigis Mansion...thanx...you hit it on the head
as far as the 2 pokemons, they are wads installed on the emunand..i found the Gameboy covers on the web..i can edit them to fit a dvd cover size..but i cant find a guide on how to place them on the emunand....it has an icon on the carousel though

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not sure what you really want to do.
you talk about pictures or animated banner?

just look at your SD card's content.
find where the cover's pictures are stored, which name they have, and do the same with the pokemon's files (rename to match the TitleID, picture size, etc.)

for animated banners, it should extract itself from the channel, you don't have anything to do.

zootedlooter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youre some kind of a wii guru...everything i needed(for now) is done...now what am i gonna do?...*has an old PS2 collecting dust*

thanx for all your time and advice...i should be back sooner or later when i decide to tweak additional settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol