Hacking USB Loader GX + Red Steel 2

eddie182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have Red Steel 2 PAL and have it copied to my HDD, however, when I launch the game from USB loader GX the Wii resets to the title screen. I have a Softmodded 4.2E Wii with cIOS rev 17 (I think). Are there additional things I have to configure to get it running or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
smile.gif

EDIT: Fixed it - used the alternate.dol method to first load the Wii motion plus video, then turned off alternate.dol and the game loaded perfectly.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ritsuki said:
In fact, you just need to watch this video once in your life and it's ok ?
Once in your Wii's life. At least if you do not reset it to a pre-motionplus state. I did it with Wii Sports Resort and did not have to do it for Red Steel 2.

stap123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I am having the same problem.

Is this motion plus video just on a game disk and if so, how do i go about viewing it, to solve the problem??

Thanks,

Stap

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stap123 said:
Hi guys,

Is this motion plus video just on a game disk and if so, how do i go about viewing it, to solve the problem??

Thanks,

Stap
on USB Loader GX go to load settings for Red Steel 2 and go to the dol section and change it to the one on the ISO start your game you dont even have to watch the video just restart your USB Loader GX and change the dol back to default and youre good to go

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
syko5150 said:
stap123 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Stap
on USB Loader GX go to load settings for Red Steel 2 and go to the dol section and change it to the one on the ISO start your game you dont even have to watch the video just restart your USB Loader GX and change the dol back to default and youre good to go
u sure u can exit the video without watching the whole thing? Did u return to the wii menu in the middle of the video? Or perform a hard reset?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
syko5150 said:
stap123 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Stap
u sure u can exit the video without watching the whole thing? Did u return to the wii menu in the middle of the video? Or perform a hard reset?
all i did was do the alt dol method as mentioned before then hit home on my wii remote and went to wii menu then clicked back into USB Loader GX but you dont have to waste time watching the vids as long as the screen shows the options for vids then you can exit and set back to default.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
scottypunk118 said:
i just did this and it worked, but now the game has no color! how can i fix this???
Let me guess...you're from the USA, and you'll have an NTSC-Wii. But the game is the PAL-Version, right? I would then go with: Use the f*cking Search.

Ok, because I'm nice (sometimes)....force to NTSC should do the trick. If it doesn't, get the Version for your Region.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
syko5150 said:
you dont have to waste time watching the vids as long as the screen shows the options for vids then you can exit and set back to default.

Wii sports resort only showed the options after you've watched them, so you wouldn't have to watch them again anyway.

scottypunk118

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
scottypunk118 said:
i just did this and it worked, but now the game has no color! how can i fix this???
Let me guess...you're from the USA, and you'll have an NTSC-Wii. But the game is the PAL-Version, right? I would then go with: Use the f*cking Search.

Ok, because I'm nice (sometimes)....force to NTSC should do the trick. If it doesn't, get the Version for your Region.

How do i force it to NTSC?? and yes i am a dumb American. thanks for the reply

cryingfist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, I'm having some issues trying to do the whole "alternate .dol" thing in red steel 2: i open the settings on usb loader GX and go to alternate dol, the only three options I have are "Default", "Select DOL", "Load from USB/SD"...I tried Select DOL and the game does not load at all...it freezes on a black screen; I then tried Load from USB/SD and it just pops an error message if I try to play the game. What should I do? Thanx!

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cryingfist said:
hi, I'm having some issues trying to do the whole "alternate .dol" thing in red steel 2: i open the settings on usb loader GX and go to alternate dol, the only three options I have are "Default", "Select DOL", "Load from USB/SD"...I tried Select DOL and the game does not load at all...it freezes on a black screen; I then tried Load from USB/SD and it just pops an error message if I try to play the game. What should I do? Thanx!

1) delete GX from ur sd card
2) replace it with Cfg Usb loader
3) use cfg to select alt dol from disc
4) watch crappy WM+ video
5) reset wii
6) turn off alt dol
7) play game.

if u watched the video in WSR you dont need to do any of this, just use cfg to play the game.

GX must be having problems cos i keep seeing people sayin "Im using GX and i cant play XX game, ive tried all the settings",
Most of the time i have played XX game on Cfg without changing any settings.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
can someone please help im trying to get Red Steel 2 and Wii Sports Resort working, i have both iso's and have wiiscrubber open with WSR im looking for the alternate dol.
Where is it and what is it called? What do i do with it when i find it?
also once ive done it for WSR then do i have to do it for red steel 2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16