USB Loader GX Question, Suggestion, and a Bug

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Elliander, Jan 12, 2012.

Jan 12, 2012
  1. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Q: Can USB Loader GX load multiple hard drives together at the same time through a USB Hub (powered or not) and load multiple partitions together for a seamless collection of games from the multiple different hard drives? That would be a very nice feature if it isn't currently possible. If it isn't, is there a USB Loader that can? I heard WODE can, but is there a softmod solution?

Bug: With USB hard drives that use power saving mode, it is often the case that USB Loader GX hangs on trying to load the USB hard drive. Whenever this happens it will always work by turning off the Wii and then turning it back on and trying again. It seems that USB Loader GX tries to go faster than it takes for a USB Hard drive to power up. I think this problem could be solved it there was an optional delay of X seconds when loading the hard drive to prevent hanging.

Weirder Bug: Occasionally when playing the game this strange text in a box begins to write itself on the TV screen and I end up having to turn the Wii off and then reload the game I am playing. It only ever happens when loading a game in USB Loader GX. What is the cause?

Suggestion: Currently I can display my gamecube games in USB Loader GX and even download covers, but cannot play them. Is there any chance of getting some kind of integration with the DIOS MIOS project when they have USB Loading working? It would be very nice to finally see both Wii and Gamecube games working from a single menu. If it were possible that would make softmod much better than hard mod, since hard mods currently are limited in the number of Gamecube games that fully work from USB backup.