USB Loader GX problem...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fallingpowers, Jul 1, 2010.

1. fallingpowers
    OP

fallingpowers Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Okay, where do I start? A long time ago, I got USB Loader GX working to play backups on my wii. I later learned that I could create separate partitions on my external hard drive, so I could have half of it for wii backups, and the other half for backups from my computer. So I formatted the hard drive, got it partitioned, got my backups back on, but now I'm getting a black screen when I try loading them. I've tried the error 002 fix, changing the video settings, etc, but I'm still only getting a black screen. I installed the cIOS's that I had on the SD card from before to see if that would work, and it didn't.

My question is, is there a way I can either fix this problem, or start clean? I would prefer to fix this problem without having to start clean, but I'm willing to do either to run my backups. The problem with starting clean is, I don't know what stuff to delete from my SD card because all I did was follow instructions the guides gave me, and I have no idea what most of the stuff on the card means.

I'm running the Wii System Menu 3.3u by the way.

2. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Upgrade to System Menu 4.2U?

3. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    What partition is your back ups in? Try cfg loader with CIOS rev 19.

4. neotank19

neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    United States
    When I formatted my hard drive for wii backup games I did it in two seperate partitions, I found that my wii could only read from the first partition not the second. An example would be E drive and D drive, it could only read games on the E drive.

Just guessing but that might be your problem since you said you were using it for other backups as well.