Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all;

I am stuck on a decision.

I have always used CFG Loader, and I currently still am using it;
Though I noticed that USB Loader GX has been released into version 2.0.

I was wondering if I should switch to USB Loader GX?

I do not like WiiFlow at all, please do not suggest that one.

I have always liked the look of USB Loader GX the most, but I had troubles booting a couple games.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all
smile.gif

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmbraceFiction said:
Hello all;

I am stuck on a decision.

I have always used CFG Loader, and I currently still am using it;
Though I noticed that USB Loader GX has been released into version 2.0.

I was wondering if I should switch to USB Loader GX?

I do not like WiiFlow at all, please do not suggest that one.

I have always liked the look of USB Loader GX the most, but I had troubles booting a couple games.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all
smile.gif

Use both?
rolleyes.gif

They're really both good, I mostly use GX, however I use CFG every once in a while. It's your choice. why not try both of them and see which you like best.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
GX is pretty much dead it's not being updated anymore the devs are long gone, you can't use fat32 with wbfs files on it and most of the new games won't work on it (other-m etc) use wiiflow it can do all of the previous plus it's got a very nice coverflow 3d interface and it's always being updated.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
GX is pretty much dead it's not being updated anymore the devs are long gone, you can't use fat32 with wbfs files on it and most of the new games won't work on it (other-m etc) use wiiflow it can do all of the previous plus it's got a very nice coverflow 3d interface and it's always being updated.

not trying to offend your intellect, but are you retarded?

1) dimok has been working on v2 for months. How bout reading up before making comments that aren't true. http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/list
2) any modern USB loader can load from WBFS, FAT32, and NTFS formatted hard drives.
3) it's been all over any wii homebrew forum (especially gbatemp) that v2 has been released.

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shano56 said:
Bladexdsl said:

1) dimok has been working on v2 for months. How bout reading up before making comments that aren't true. http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/list
2) any modern USB loader can load from WBFS, FAT32, and NTFS formatted hard drives.
3) it's been all over any wii homebrew forum (especially gbatemp) that v2 has been released.

Yeah;

No offense, but I kind of agree with this.

Obviously they have been working on it, because of the newer revisions that have been released before version 2.0.

Thanks for the post mate.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shano56 said:
Real diplomatic answer, dude. So he missed some mentionings and misread the opening post...is it really needed to get worked up over it?

Now...I must admit that I used to have the same opinion as Bladexdsl. That isn't to discredit GX in any way, but merely an observation that when compared to wiiflow or CFG, it was lacking in features and stability. And when seeing how the last release (before 4 days ago) was from half a year ago...that doesn't exactly give the impression that hard work is going on. I repeat: it doesn't give the impression that hard work is going on.
(EDIT: just found out I hadn't checked the activity log. Seems like dimok indeed put a lot of work in this loader
blush.gif
)

But I can be wrong. In fact, when looking at the comparison chart, it sure looks like it has caught up to the 'competition' very nicely.
smile.gif

I haven't had the time to test out the result yet. But I admit I'm curious to see how things have changed since before...
smile.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wever said:
But I admit I'm curious to see how things have changed since before...
smile.gif

Well , it's still the same "gaz factory" , with buttons cluttering the screen everywhere , useless features , an outdated GUI and so on...
But at least now it works ^^
(not to discredit the devs work of course , everyone has his tastes).

EDIT : hmmm...i may enlight a bit the "gaz factory" that is litteraly translated from french lol
It is easy to picture such a factory where machines are messed around and with all the noise, gas, smoke in the background , and pipes coming from and going to everyhere.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Benjay said:
Well , it's still the same "gaz factory" , with buttons cluttering the screen everywhere , useless features , an outdated GUI and so on...

Apart from the hidden cover update menu, the GUI is pretty much spot on.
It's better than CFG & Uloader. Wiiflow is just too slow and annoying.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shano56 said:

You can add EXT2/3 support to that list now too!!!!

@OP, EmbraceFiction, I second the notion of using both. Try them out (give 'em more than a day), and find which one you like, deleting the other if there must only be one. Otherwise just leave them both on and use whichever you feel like using that day...
yaywii.gif

-[]D

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every game I own boots off of my FAT32 partition with minimal tinkering in the load settings in USB Loader GX v2.0 using all the up to date cIOS's on default install settings.

It all depends on if you think a better UI is worth installing new cIOS's and putting a boot.dol on your SD card.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
specht said:
Every game I own boots off of my FAT32 partition with minimal tinkering in the load settings in USB Loader GX v2.0 using all the up to date cIOS's on default install settings.

It all depends on if you think a better UI is worth installing new cIOS's and putting a boot.dol on your SD card.
What do you mean by this? Which loader requires you to install new cIOS's and to have a boot.dol on your SD? GX or CFG? I've tried both and neither have those requirements...
glare.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: