WalkerD

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If I use a newer version of USB Loader GX it gets stuck on Initialize USB. Unfortunately this means I can't use any of the new features regarding loading gamecube games from USB. Is there any solution to this, or am I out of luck as far as using USB Loader GX goes?

Edit: Just to re-clarify, USB Loader GX 1.0 r866 works perfectly with my HDD, as does every other loader.

Edit 2: Some additional information. Under the credits page while using USB Loader GX, in the top right corner it says Rev874 IOS222 (Rev 4). I've just used ModMii to update all of my IOS and such, but I'm still getting the same error I was before. The only change is that when using my old version of USB Loader GX it takes longer to finally initialize the USB drive and tells me it might be slow or problematic. Games still run perfectly fine and at top speed.

Edit 3: This is really starting to drive me crazy, like grind my teeth, punch a fucking hole in the wall crazy. The newer loaders will selectively start if I plug my hard drive in right as the "waiting for HDD: 20 sec left" prompt comes up, but only about 10% of the time. After I get the thing to load, and finally try to actually boot a Gamecube game, I get a really nice black screen. This is killing me. What bothers me most is that it's clearly capable of reading my HDD, but that it just refuses to do it 90% of the time. What arbitrary thing is causing this hang up? What changed between USB Loader GX 1.0 and current iterations that fucks up compatibility with my HDD?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
already posted in the main topic, and users are helping you in it.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/149922-usb-loader-gx/page__view__findpost__p__4383741

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.