Hacking USB Loader GX Not Working

FrankDaPro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time i'm in the middle of loading the USB Loader GX on Wii u, it says the Flash drive could be read. But as soon as it finishes loading it says that there is only 0.19 GB even though I have a 32 GB Flash drive that formatted when I used the WBFS manager. I don't know what to do please help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. don't use WBFS manager. (use WiiBackupManager instead, or wit/wwt command line tools)
2. WBFS partition format is not recommended (use FAT32 instead)
3. Flash drives have bad compatibility (HDD are more compatible)

did you format the flash drive entirely to WBFS or do you have multiple partitions on it?
Do you already have games on it?
did you refresh the partition to "use" as default for game listing ? (settings>hdd option> first line, click on it to refresh the partition info)
Is your drive size correctly detected on windows? and on wiiBackupManager?

FrankDaPro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem with that has been fixed. But what I ask now is how do I successfully download this channel to my Wii U? I already have it downloaded, but it seems to just give me a black screen. A reason why I want it downloaded to my Wii U is because I don't wanna keep using my SD card because I need it for other things. Also when It's in the middle of loading from the homebrew launcher it says my flashdrive has been loaded. But when it fully opens it takes the GB from my SD card instead of the flashdrive. One time when I was in the middle of loading the channel, I took the SD card outside of the Wii U. So when it fully opened it read the flashdrive. I just want this to Happen all the time without taking out SD card or having to use it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another reason to not use WBFS partition.
You need FAT32 partition to put USBLoaderGX on USB if you don't use SD card.

The forwarder channel is looking for SD card first, then if not found it tries to load the loader from USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

or buy a new SD card and keep one inside the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night