Hacking USB Loader GX not recognizing newly added titles.

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with USB Loader GX, I had a couple of WiiWare titles on my emuNAND, then I added a couple of more WiiWare and VC titles. The problem is that when I now return to the USB Loader all the added channels are blanc and if i press any of them to get to the launch screen they are all completely black.

In WiiFlow all I need to do is to reload the cache to find the newly added channels and they all work there.

USB Loader GX is my prefered loader so I want to use that. I could not find any reload cache option, I did try to change the path to my emuNAND and than change it back without any results.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what do you mean they are blanc? they are not listed at all, or you don't have any animated banner (black animation) ?

Few users reported the Black animation bug, but the channels work fine if you launch them.
I don't know why it's black.

Some users made hypothesis that it could be because there are too many channels/games.
Try to filter them by category, or searching by name to see if they are still black.

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what do you mean they are blanc? they are not listed at all, or you don't have any animated banner (black animation) ?

Few users reported the Black animation bug, but the channels work fine if you launch them.

Some users made hypothesis that it could be because there are too many channels/games.
Try to filter them by category, or searching by name to see if they are still black.

I didn´t make myself clear. Well in USB Loader GX there is this channel mode which more or less is identical to the wiis. There all games have their animations, for instance in MK Wii Mario is driving in his GoKart and for DK Returns you see the logo.

All new games that are added have nothing, it´s just white and if I click on them I get to the channel startup screen where they in MK Wii screams "Mario Kart WIIII". all newly added channels are just black there and if I launch any of them my Wii freezes and I need to plug the cord.

EDIT: I only got like 6 Wii games, 3 WiiWare games and 4 VC games so I don´t think that this is caused due to many channels are installed.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so this bug is not caused by the number of games.
I don't know what's the cause, sorry :(
Though, other users reported that they could launch the games, even if they have only black screen instead of the animation.

Which version of the loader are you using ? r1218 ?
Try going back to r1217 (I changed the way Game's Titles are read in 1218, maybe it's affecting their loading process).

There's no "refresh cache" feature. I could add it in a future version.
For the moment, you can delete the cache manually (select the game > settings > delete menu > delete cached banner) if there's a cached .bnr file on SD or USB.
restart the loader and it will recreate the cached file.

Tell me if the .bnr is present in the cache folder (maybe it's incorrectly created), or if it's not present at all.

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It turned out my loader was set to system default and for some reason that did not apply for my VC titles because thay were forced into 60hz so I changed them to force 50hz and they booted.

Still my problem with black screen at the channel startup screen persists :/.

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so this bug is not caused by the number of games.
I don't know what's the cause, sorry :(
Though, other users reported that they could launch the games, even if they have only black screen instead of the animation.

Which version of the loader are you using ? r1218 ?
Try going back to r1217 (I changed the way Game's Titles are read in 1218, maybe it's affecting their loading process).

There's no "refresh cache" feature. I could add it in a future version.
For the moment, you can delete the cache manually (select the game > settings > delete menu > delete cached banner) if there's a cached .bnr file on SD or USB.
restart the loader and it will recreate the cached file.

Tell me if the .bnr is present in the cache folder (maybe it's incorrectly created), or if it's not present at all.

Hi!

The games are working now but the channels displaying the games are not.

I deleted the bnr folder and now my 3 WiiWare titles that were working are white aswell.

EDIT: The cache.bnr folder contained 19 files and I got 23 "games" according to USB Loader GX.

There were 5 channels that were not working.

It do not seem to update any .bnr files for some reason.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry to hear that :(

To semi-fix it, other users are using Wiiflow to create the cached banners, and then return to USBLoaderGX (setting the same cache folder to share it between the two loaders).

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hear that :(

To semi-fix it, other users are using Wiiflow to create the cached banners, and then return to USBLoaderGX (setting the same cache folder to share it between the two loaders).

Don´t be sorry :), USB Loader GX is a great loader! This is just a really small issue and using WiiFlows cache folder did the trick :)

It´s not a big pain in the ass to launch WiiFlow and press "reload cache", it only take seconds and I do not add new WiiWare/VC games everyday.

Such a function in a future release would be great but there is no need to hurry:)

EDIT: Do you have any clue to why the setting "system default" do not change the video mode to 50hz when a VC games is launched using global settings?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have a pal Wii ?

System default set the video mode based on the Wii (system/console)'s region. (PAL/NTSC)
Best option is to use "Game default" (or disc default, I never remember correct setting names) to set the video mode based on the game's region.

It's also detecting your current Wii screen settings (50/60 hz, and 576i/480i/480p) and use the same resolution/frequencies.
If your wii is in 60Hz, then the game will be launched in 60hz too, you need to force 50Hz if you don't want 60Hz.

If it's not acting like that, then there's (again) a problem with video settings.

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have a pal Wii ?

System default set the video mode based on the Wii (system/console)'s region. (PAL/NTSC)
Best option is to use "Game default" (or disc default, I never remember correct setting names) to set the video mode based on the game's region.

It's also detecting your current Wii screen settings (50/60 hz, and 576i/480i/480p) and use the same resolution/frequencies.
If your wii is in 60Hz, then the game will be launched in 60hz too, you need to force 50Hz if you don't want 60Hz.

If it's not acting like that, then there's (again) a problem with video settings.

Yes I got a PAL Wii U.

Okay:), it would be nice if a function was implemented to let you choose a specific game setting (such as format) by category. I guess I do not need to force all VC titles to 50hz though, gonna try out the Game default option!

I tried the Disc default option but my VC titles did not switch to 50hz.

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have a pal Wii ?

Do you have any clue to why some NTSC VC titles do not work? I tried 6 (5 Megaman games and The Legend of Zelda). Only Zelda worked in USB Loader while they all worked in WiiFlow and both loaders run at the same cIOS (249).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using cIOS or neek2o method in Wiiflow's EmuNAND?
USBLoaderGX use only cIOS Method for the moment, neek2o method have a better compatibility.

If it's using cIOS method too, then maybe it's a base IOS or patch problem.

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using cIOS or neek2o method in Wiiflow's EmuNAND?
USBLoaderGX use only cIOS Method for the moment, neek2o method have a better compatibility.

If it's using cIOS method too, then maybe it's a base IOS or patch problem.

I´m using the cIOS method for WiiFlow aswell.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then I don't know why it's not working.
like I said, maybe because these game require a specific base IOS, and if you installed all cIOSes when softmodding then wiiflow reload to the one based on the channel's requested base.
try using your other slots (247, 248 etc.)

If still not working, I don't know how to fix this issue. I'll need to test myself.

Henkow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then I don't know why it's not working.
like I said, maybe because these game require a specific base IOS, and if you installed all cIOSes when softmodding then wiiflow reload to the one based on the channel's requested base.
try using your other slots (247, 248 etc.)

If still not working, I don't know how to fix this issue. I'll need to test myself.

In WiiFlow I choosed to only use slot 249 and it worked and the same slot in USB Loader did not.

EmilioEstelar

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don´t be sorry , USB Loader GX is a great loader! This is just a really small issue and using WiiFlows cache folder did the trick :):)

It´s not a big pain in the ass to launch WiiFlow and press "reload cache", it only take seconds and I do not add new WiiWare/VC games everyday.

Such a function in a future release would be great but there is no need to hurry:)

EDIT: Do you have any clue to why the setting "system default" do not change the video mode to 50hz when a VC games is launched using global settings?
You´re a genius. It works 100%

EmilioEstelar

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don´t be sorry , USB Loader GX is a great loader! This is just a really small issue and using WiiFlows cache folder did the trick :):)

You´re a genius. It works 100%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: