Hacking Homebrew app USB loader GX not loading wii games (but GC games works fine)

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, I absolutely love you! It works! :D

And now for the next shitshow:
The GC games stopped working. I'm guessing its the FAT32 to NTFS conversion of the harddrive? (I noticed this on the previous USB loader before I tried out the configurable usb loader v70)

When I try to start a game up it reads this: "the drive or partition usb:/ is not connected" and a similar error screen is shown on the other USB loader that @blackb0x linked.

Thank you @jeannotte
what you using ntfs?

use fat32, 32k cluster. its better for homebre, wii and gc games.

Reactions: jeannotte

Intenzejuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
what you using ntfs?

use fat32, 32k cluster. its better for homebre, wii and gc games.

I originally used FAT32 for my harddrive but when I ran in to this problem someone suggested me to try converting to NTFS and see if the wii games might start working then, but yeah (spoilers) that didn't work.. ^^

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally used FAT32 for my harddrive but when I ran in to this problem someone suggested me to try converting to NTFS and see if the wii games might start working then, but yeah (spoilers) that didn't work.. ^^

I think only USB Loader-GX works with NTFS if set up correctly. I don't believe CFG USB-Loader will work if it is in NTFS format. Not sure about WiiFlow Lite if it has any NTFS support.

Use FAT32 format with 32k clusters on a real hard drive and things should go well for you. A lot of the homebrew programs will not work unless they are on a FAT32 formatted drive. So for best compatibility use FAT32.

Last edited by ca032769,

Intenzejuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think only USB Loader-GX works with NTFS if set up correctly. I don't believe CFG USB-Loader will work if it is in NTFS format. Not sure about WiiFlow Lite if it has any NTFS support.

Use FAT32 format with 32k clusters on a real hard drive and things should go well for you. A lot of the homebrew programs will not work unless they are on a FAT32 formatted drive. So for best compatibility use FAT32.

I'll get right on it! The thing is, the only reason I did it in the first place was to resolve the first issue, which ended up giving me one more problem. All good tho, im gonna backup my files and try again, I'll check in and report my findings as soon as im done!

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll get right on it! The thing is, the only reason I did it in the first place was to resolve the first issue, which ended up giving me one more problem. All good tho, im gonna backup my files and try again, I'll check in and report my findings as soon as im done!
I believe only my version of USB Loader GX has good NTFS support and that's because my NTFS code isn't 8-9 years out of date.

With CFG Loader r78.11 you might need to make some changes so that Nintendont works like it does in USB Loader GX & WiiFlow.

I don't know why your HDD works in CFG Loader and it doesn't in USB Loader GX or WiiFlow. But at some point I'd like to get my hands on a known drive that doesn't work with USB Loader GX and WiiFlow so that I can debug the problem.

Last edited by blackb0x,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by jeannotte,

juandiego1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This happened to me as well but the solution makes zero sense to me.. I have a black wii that ran wii games through USB well but I wanted to mod it to connect a Gamecube controller so I did, the controller works excellent but when I was closing my wii, I decided to not install the disk drive because it would be a waste so I didn't and ever sense I couldn't load a angle wii game.. but gamecube worked perfectly so I did a bunch of tutorials, installed the cIOS un many ways, I did it all and still nothing until I tried to reinstall my disk drive, which I did and now it loads games like it no problem..

But why Was it necessary a disk drive to get over this error? That is my question!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone