Sevrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently i configured my Wii to install from discs to my USB disk (as i want to mod vwii on my WiiU and play from there. These discs are NTSC imports as my Wii is PAL so have to do this action to be able to play them eventually on my WiiU) via USB Loader GX.

Originally i used CleanRip but for some discs it would fail at the end (logical block address out of range) but when i started using USB Loader everything went fine. Successfully installed games to my USB stick and also mounted some discs to play without any issue.

Suddenly today after playing one game via the USB loader i found it would no longer recognise discs (any disc - tried ones that worked earlier). I followed all the steps given in the wiiguide and ensured my cIOS is setup as outlined in the guide. No change.

Interestingly, prior to going back and double checking the cIOS the loader did read one particular disc i wanted to launch but would fail once it entered game (remove disc, see troubleshooting guide etc) but once i refreshed the cIOS now none of these discs are recognised by mounting or install.

I have also tried using Priiloader and setting force to use 249 which did allow the disc channel to read a disc, however this then results in the same remove disc error when booting. Still a step forward from not reading anything at all (Loader still picks up nothing though even after the Priiloader change).

Any advice? I know my laser isn't the issue as i tested some PAL discs which loaded fine from the disc channel and loader.

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
priiloader's patch/hacks are used when booting games from system menu Disc channel, not from loaders.

you have that read issue inside the loader (when you want to dump the disc to usb), or when trying to play disc launched from the loader ?
which version of USBGX are you using ? r1272 has a disc dump issue which freeze the GUI. I recommend you revert back to r1271, or 1268 which is the latest known stable version (but lack Mario kart wiimmfi)

If you have issue dumping disc, you can also try using a different IOS inside the loader (loader's IOS), either 58, or 249 or 250 or 251, depending what you install in these slots.

If it's an issue playing the disc when launched from USBGX, is it affecting all disc or only specific games?
you know some games equires specific "IOS base" to work.
if you have "base56" is slot 249, but the game doesn't work with "base56" then trying priiloader's hack "use 249" will be useless as you'll force the game to launch using a IOS base it's not compatible with.

If the game works with "base57", you have to change the setting for that game inside USBGX to tell the game to use a slot number where you installed a cIOS based on IOS57 (usually slot250, but it can be anywhere ! even in 249)

so, if you don't know your own wii IOS setup:
either try slot249 or 250 blindly
OR
run syscheck (in my signature) to get a map of all your system and know what you really have installed, and where it's located.

Then, tell us which game you are trying to run, because there are some known compatibility with specific games.

azzarod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm far less knowledgeable on the software side of things, but a quick fundamentals check -

Do games still run off of disc?

I ask because there hasn't been a new Wii manufacturered in quite a few years, and unfortunately, all CD-ROM drives fail over time.

If your games still work off of disc, then I'll head back to my lurker corner. :)

Last edited by azzarod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: