Hacking USB Loader GX keeps rebooting when trying to boot WiiWare games (Wii and GC games work fine)

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

I recently bought a Wii and modded it with the latest guides available. Everything should be all up to date.

I followed the following guide on getting WiiWare to work in USB Loader GX: https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/ajqulm/usb_loader_gx_creating_emunand_and_injecting_wads/

All of the WiiWare games I installed to my emunand seems to show up just fine in USB Loader GX, custom box art and all. However no matter what, whenever I pick a WiiWare game, it just reboots USB Loader GX and the game never starts.

Wii games work fine (except for the newer Just Dance games for some reason). Gamecube games and even Twilight Arcade games like Mario Kart GP work just fine. It's just WiiWare games that keep forcing USB Loader GX to reboot.

I am using a 32 GB SD card and a 1TB USB hard drive if that matters at all.

This is a launch Wii with GC ports in US/NTSC if that helps as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I am dying to play some Castelvania Adventure Rebirth!

Thanks again for any help you can give!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only time I've heard of this happening is when trying to play a wiiware game with ustealth on the wii u, but you're on the wii. are you using sneek or just normal emunand?

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only time I've heard of this happening is when trying to play a wiiware game with ustealth on the wii u, but you're on the wii. are you using sneek or just normal emunand?

I followed the guide I linked, so since it does not mention sneek at all I am guessing it's just normal emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more