Hacking USB Loader GX keeps deleting my USB flash drive?

mikecl22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently just soft modded both my old Wii and Wii U and got everything up and running great. I'm using the latest version of USB Loader GX (3.0 rev 1260) and Nintendont, with the v10 beta 53 CIOS installed.

I purchased a 128 GB Ultra Slim USB flash drive from Amazon (brand new) and backed up all my games. It ran smoothly for a day, but randomly when I loaded the loader on my Wii U it shower my flash drive as having zero games on it. Everything was deleted. I was annoyed, but whatever. I figured maybe I accidentally clicked "format" when the Wii U started and detected the flash drive.

The flash drive was a little weird with the loader after that (it kept failing to initialize USB, games would be detected then disappear, etc.), so I formatted it using Bootify, which fixed the issues.

Everything worked well throughout the day, but last night I was playing some backups on my original Wii and the flash drive was erased again!

I plan on running a USB diagnostic tool tonight to see if I got a bad flash drive and will post my syscheck as well when I get a chance. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening though? Both times I was playing a GameCube backup - could Nintendont be the culprit?

Thanks in advance.

Doinkanator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently just soft modded both my old Wii and Wii U and got everything up and running great. I'm using the latest version of USB Loader GX (3.0 rev 1260) and Nintendont, with the v10 beta 53 CIOS installed.

I purchased a 128 GB Ultra Slim USB flash drive from Amazon (brand new) and backed up all my games. It ran smoothly for a day, but randomly when I loaded the loader on my Wii U it shower my flash drive as having zero games on it. Everything was deleted. I was annoyed, but whatever. I figured maybe I accidentally clicked "format" when the Wii U started and detected the flash drive.

The flash drive was a little weird with the loader after that (it kept failing to initialize USB, games would be detected then disappear, etc.), so I formatted it using Bootify, which fixed the issues.

Everything worked well throughout the day, but last night I was playing some backups on my original Wii and the flash drive was erased again!

I plan on running a USB diagnostic tool tonight to see if I got a bad flash drive and will post my syscheck as well when I get a chance. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening though? Both times I was playing a GameCube backup - could Nintendont be the culprit?

Thanks in advance.

The same thing is happening to me. This is twice now, both times after nintendont freezing. Im not sure why it keeps happening

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
The usb can be formatted using the old wbfs manager in windows(Google wbfs manager) and also used to put games on the drive. The wii u side will no longer detect the drive and ask you to format it but i don't think nintendont will work with it either. You would have to run nintendont gc games from sd instead.
This method is probably a lot more stable for the vwii. The usb will also not be recognised as a valid format by windows as it will ask you format it when plugged in (obviously dont format it) and will only be detected in the wbfs manager.

Last edited by ARVI80,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1