Hacking USB Loader GX hanging halfway through game

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I been using this loader for a while, played through a bunch of games from beginning to end just fine. I recently started playing "The Conduit" and for some reason the game will hang at the exact same spot in the game no matter what, so I cant progress. I have done some research online, that maybe I can change the CIOS on the loader options but I wouldnt know what to enter... (had 249 change to 222... no dice). I remembered I had to use WiiFlow to play Arc Rise Fantasia since it would also freeze, going to give that a shot, but would like to get it working on USB Loader GX since I play all of my other games off it, also Wiiflow is not recognizing some of my WBFS including The Conduit, for some reason even tho USB Loader GX does...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Arc rise fantasia only required an IOS base 56, instead of 38.

about your current issue :
You can try another IOS base, it could be the issue.
I think the real issue is your game's ISO itself. it's maybe a bad dump or corrupted dump.
You can try another loader, but it will not change anything. The loader is not in memory when the game is launched. And the fact that Wiiflow doesn't even launch the game is probably the symptom of the corrupted ISO. I don't know why USBGX runs it while wiiflow doesn't. maybe wiiflow runs an additional check on ISOs before launch.

You said wiiflow doesn't recognize some of your WBFS (instead of "some of my games")
If the game is on a WBFS partition, that's why it's not working. WBFS partition are corrupting games.
Use a FAT32 partition and re-dump your games to be sure they are not corrupted or bad dumps.

You can check the ISO checksum with WiiBackupManager > Sha1 option

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you guys may be right about it being corrupted, WiiBackupManager does not even recognize The Conduit 2 file I have on my HD, says something about wrong HD parameters or something along those lines. Just wanted to make sure it was not because of the loaders before I have to get the files again.

Cyan, not sure what you mean about a WBFS partition... I am using my FAT32 HD and putting games on it with WiiBackupManager which automatically converts them, so is that what I am supposed to do?

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using my FAT32 HD and putting games on it with WiiBackupManager which automatically converts them, so is that what I am supposed to do?
Yes, that is what you are supposed to do. Another way to have your hard drive formated is WBFS which is an old and outdated way to format your hard drive. Some people who followed old guides have their drives formated to that and it can cause problems.

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that is what you are supposed to do. Another way to have your hard drive formated is WBFS which is an old and outdated way to format your hard drive. Some people who followed old guides have their drives formated to that and it can cause problems.

Ohh *phew* I think I formatted my 5GB usb stick to play Gamecube games, cant remember to which format but do remember doing it... still its better to loose a small iso as opposed to my entire drive.

Reactions: Clutz450

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn