Hacking USB Loader GX halp - Doesn't recognize hdd after updating ios38

Psycho Sonic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going insane, this makes absolutely no sense.

I'm menu 3.2u. GX worked for my hdd absolutely fine earlier. I decide to try to get Monster Hunter 3 working, and it won't. I install ios222 and 223 using the installer from GX's site, but then the wii would just restart when I tried to launch the game. I followed the GX readme to patch ios 36 and updated ios38 to rev14, and all of a sudden my hdd wouldn't be recognized anymore, no matter how much unplugging I did. At this point I just decided to try reinstalling GX, following their readme. I'm now at rev7-- something of GX. Now I get a message saying that it's trying to read my slow usb device, waits 30 seconds, then restarts the Wii.

Someone. Help. Please.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psycho Sonic said:
Now I get a message saying that it's trying to read my slow usb device, waits 30 seconds, then restarts the Wii.

rev709, correct? Same issue on my end with my testing yesterday. Try a very previous revision (I tried rev549) and it worked fine. There has been a discussion about this problem in another thread, but this should really be brought to the attention of the GX devs (added to that thread)

Psycho Sonic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

Wait, I was figuring that when everyone said "switch usb ports", they were making the assumption that I was using the bottom/left port, which supposedly doesn't work for harddrives.

I just tried that port. IT WORKS.

I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT IT WORKS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night