USB Loader GX Giving Code Dumps

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by metroid4life14, Jan 28, 2010.

Jan 28, 2010
  1. metroid4life14
    OP

Member metroid4life14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've had usbloadergx for about 3-4 weeks now, and it's been working great, no problems. I've downloaded many covers, also no problems. Today, however, I downloaded 3 covers, A Boy and His Blob, CoD: MWR, and CoD WaW, and all of a sudden GX starts giving me code dumps (with the error message like "an exception has occured" or something, pretty standard coded dump error)...

If I take the SD card out (where my covers are stored) it usually works fine (I say usually because it DID give me a code dump once even with the SD card out). It's worked once or twice with the SD card in too. I just don't know what's causing the issue, and really has me scratching my head a bit, because downloading a cover shouldn't really cause me to get code dumps...

And yes, I'm on the latest version of GX.

2. ciris

Member ciris GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Check and see that you ddint download a beta version too. Before deleting the global config file for usb loader I would check and or delete the new images that were downloaded. Probably one of the files are corrupt or the dimensions of said images aren't divisble by 4. Other than that I don't know what else you can check for. I've been running usb loader GX since the first realease and currently have the last stable version that came out haven't had any issues.

3. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    I always get code dumps when i select a dol. havent tried deleting config tho

4. metroid4life14
    OP

Member metroid4life14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what does deleting the global config file do?