USB Loader GX gets black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Germini, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Germini
    OP

Germini Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2007
    United States
    My wii system is:

4.1U + StartPatch (block disk updates, a button at heath screen, move disk channel) + cIOS 38 rev 17 (as 249, of course) + usb loader gx r899.
    playing games off disc channel works fine..

Hi people!! Well... I have a lil big problem.. before doing anything I could play games off usb loader gx with an HDD just fine using cIOS 38 rev17 as 249... but when I tried to increase the compability of usb loader by installing hermes cios as 223 all the thunderstorm began....

I tried to play games with cios38 (249) but I couldn't instead I just get a black screen with my wii still alive with green light at the power button...
    If I try to play games using hermes cios (223) works just fine..

I said wel.. maybe usb loader gx... is just crazy... so I downloaded WiiFlow 249... to make sure that 249 is not working... and I got an "wbfs_open failed: -1" ....

After this tests I tried to reinstall cios 38 rev17 using ios 36 like base... black screen on usb loader.... then I tried installing cios38 r17 based on 38.... black screen.... I restored trucha bug on ios 36(again It was already patched)...... reinstalled cios 38r17 based 36..... black screen...

so my question is: Why I can't play games using 249 if I installed hermes cios on 223 :S....
    What did I do wrong?

I hope some brilliant mind can help me....
    thanks

2. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    what game are you trying to boot

3. Germini
    OP

Germini Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2007
    United States
    Well... I tried several games...rerip the ones I had on.... I tried with other ones that were not on the partition... I really don't know what else to try... I have a Nand Backup before updating to 4.1... It might help ... But I'm not sure what I should do before doing this...

4. mrmedic

mrmedic Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2010
    restore your nand and then read this :

ive modded this source and it plays every game i throw at it and im on the more or less ( - trucha ) same system so restore it and try it without the +trucha bug enabler. hope it works good luck/.

5. Germini
    OP

Germini Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2007
    United States
    Well... trying trying.... The solution is to try another drive....

Thank you all guys.

mod please you can close this for history...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice