Hacking USB Loader GX Gamecube Problem.

NOPE_D3RPY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I say anything, I have a softmodded Wii in which I used this tutorial to soft mod it. I have a 477MB SD card and a 2GB USB flash drive. I installed Mario Party 5 on my USB and put it in USB1:\\games\Mario Party 5 [GAMEID6]\ and named the iso game.iso. I downloaded DIOS MIOS 2.6 from a mirror (I really hate uploaded.net) and installed using WAD Manager 1.7. USB Loader GX is installed on my SD card.
Now here's my issue: I start USB Loader GX and Mario Party 5 is there. But when I when I try to play it it tells me to install it on my SD card. The game is 1.38GB large and obviously cannot install it on my SD card. Is there a way to make it so I don't have to put the ISO on my SD card?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Be sure that you installed DIOS MIOS and not DIOS MIOS Lite (check the detected version in USBLoaderGX > Settings > Credit)
Update the USBLoaderGX to use a beta version instead of the v3.0
You need to update the file manually.

1. download this file http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7kjj0fcr6kcq2p0
2. extract the boot.dol located in the folder IOS249
3. copy the extracted boot.dol on your SD card (replace the old one)

That's all :D
Enjoy playing games from USB (if your USB is working with DIOS MIOS, correctly partitionned and formated)

Reactions: NOPE_D3RPY

Hosoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help installing Dios mios do i use the wad manger to install a DIOS MIOS channel because i dont see a channel

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a WAD file is not necessarilly a channel, it's a container with files which will be copied to the console.

DIOS MIOS wad file contains a program which replace the official GameCube support on Wii.
You don't see any channel and that file is not used until you play a GameCube game.

You can Play GameCube games from Original Disc (like before)
Or using a Loader to tell DIOS MIOS to use an ISO of the game instead of the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂