Hacking USB loader GX GameCube Games - Black Screen? WHY?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'am using an 160 GB HDD formatted to FAT32 with 32 Cluster size.

I placed Donald Duck Going Quackers (NTSC) on the HDD (via PC) and i installed Luigis Mansion (PAL) and Zelda Collection (PAL) via
c204.gif
USB Loader GX from retail discs to the HDD. Only Luigi is working. The other 2 games gave me a black screen. And i had a disc in the drive. I also tried various settings... strange :angry: Has it to be a certain disc?

I really don't know what's wrong :blink:

Am i missing any IOS/CIOS?!?! But then why does Luigis mansion work?

my syscheck-log, and another one of my problems, can be found here....http://gbatemp.net/t...ialize-usb-dev/

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your intrest! :)

DiosMios 2.2 WAD is installed. I'am using USB loader GX to boot the GC games. I used DiscEX on Donald DuckGoing Quackers (NTSC) and placed it on the HDD via the PC. The 2 other games were ripped throuw the Wii-DVD-Drive via USB loader GX to the HDD... dosen't know what USB loader GX uses to staore the games on the HDD.

I also tried different video options: Forced Donald Duck (NTSC) to NTSC-Videomode etc... didn't work. :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, about DIOS MIOS 2.2 : There are 6 versions of "2.2".
be sure to use 2.2 update5 (the latest officially released).

USB Loader GX dump the games as 1:1 disc image. (no DiscEx or GcReEx).
And it's fine, you don't need to use these tools!

The tools are only to shrnk the iso size, but some games don't like that, and it's better with 1:1 ISO first. try the tools only when you know that the games are working fine.

About the video modes:
use 1202
DML Video : auto
Progressive Patch: Try OFF, then try ON when you are sure that it's working.

That's all.
Video mode is automatically selected based on your game's region and Wii's settings.
If it doesn't work, you can try:
DML Video: Use game settings
Video mode: Try system default, or force the region of your game.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK... i have to apologize! All 3 games work... BUT, they all need about 4 Minutes from pressing "START" at USB Loader GX, until the DIOS MIOS Screen appears and the game starts!

I must have leaved the room for more that 4 Minutes after starting Luigis Mansion the first time, so i didn't realized that. Today i tried Luigi again... thought it's not working anymore, i was lying on my bed... and after full 4 Minutes it started. So i tried the other 2 games, waited 4 mins. - WOKING.

That's not normal, isn't it?

Could that have something to do with my other problem? - http://gbatemp.net/t...ialize-usb-dev/

My Dios Mios is : 2.2 (2012-07-20) ... is that "update 5"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu