Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there!
In advance I would like to apologize if this post seems really noobish beceause this is my first post on this forum.
I softmodded my Wii a few days ago (trough an old guide, but everything worked fine) and Ive been using USB Loader GX for playing Wii games. Ive been playing Mario Galaxy since yesterday (I did quite a lot, Ive been wanting this game since the day it came out but was never able to afford a Wii) and I really enjoyed it! About an hour ago I played it for a bit, saved, and then went on with installing Nintendont. It worked very good and I had an awfull lot of fun messing around in Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom (it was one of my favorite games as a child). I saved (trough the memcard emulation) and then cooked me some dinner. After I was done I got back to my Wii and booted up USB Loader GX to play Mario Galaxy again but when I hit "Start" it took me to the Wii home menu. I tried again and it happened once more! I tried a complete reboot and re-inserting the USB but the issue's still there.

It means a lot to me and some help would GREATLY be appreciated.
Thanks a whole lot in advance!

Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you installed Nintendont, did you change any settings in usb loadet?
No, I didnt change anything at all. I only turned off "native controls" in Nintendont settings beceause otherwise the Wii remote would keep disconnecting when I booted up a game. I tried turning that setting on and then loading Mario Galaxy again but no effect.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That setting is needed to use the official Gamecube ports, and using the official controller function.
If you set it to OFF, then nintendont is emulating all controller's input and more (button combo for reset/shutdown, wiimote, etc.)

When you said you installed nintendont, did you install a wad too ?
or just copied the boot.dol on your SD card?

Nintendont doesn't need any cIOS, if you followed an old or random guide, it's possible it asked you to edit your cIOS too. in that case, you should check which IOS you currently have in your slot 249.
- Launch USBLoaderGX
- go to settings>credits
- look at the top right of the screen and not the two lines. tell us what's there.

Another possibility is because you disconnected the HDD and reconnected it to the wrong USB Port.

Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That setting is needed to use the official Gamecube ports, and using the official controller function.
If you set it to OFF, then nintendont is emulating all controller's input and more (button combo for reset/shutdown, wiimote, etc.)

When you said you installed nintendont, did you install a wad too ?
or just copied the boot.dol on your SD card?

Nintendont doesn't need any cIOS, if you followed an old or random guide, it's possible it asked you to edit your cIOS too. in that case, you should check which IOS you currently have in your slot 249.
- Launch USBLoaderGX
- go to settings>credits
- look at the top right of the screen and not the two lines. tell us what's there.

Another possibility is because you disconnected the HDD and reconnected it to the wrong USB Port.

I downloaded an all in 1 Nintendont package that had a folder with the boot.dol in it and placed it in the apps folder of my SD card like you would with any program. I installed a .wad for a forwarder on the main menu (a new channel for Nintendont).

I was never asked anything about cIOS files. When I follow your stept I see the following text in the upper right corner:
v3.0c. IOS 249 (Rev 21008)
(d2x v8final base56)

Ive taken it out several times before and always make sure I completely turn off my Wii before inserting it again. I always insert it in the bottom USB port as I was told by the tutorial I followed (the right one if your Wii stands up) so I dont think this is the issue.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are using an outdated USBLoaderGX channel.
instead of installing a forwarder channel and having latest updated version on the SD card, you installed an old "full channel" with v 3.0 (r1180), which is not compatible with nintendont, and has a lot of different settings.
launching that channel is deleting some of your settings generated by the newest version of the loader (probably launched from HBC).
The full channel is probably automatically launched when exiting a game or exiting nintendont.

Latest revision : 1260
Your revision : 1180 3.0c (c = channel version)

Delete your USBLoaderGX channel using a wad manager and the USBLoaderGX wad file (TitleID : ULNR)
Then install the forwarder channel (TitleID : UNEO)

edit:
Your IOS version is fine.
just be sure to use r1260 instead of the full channel.

Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are using an outdated USBLoaderGX channel.
instead of installing a forwarder channel and having latest updated version on the SD card, you installed an old "full channel" with v 3.0 (r1180), which is not compatible with nintendont, and has a lot of different settings.
launching that channel is deleting some of your settings generated by the newest version of the loader (probably launched from HBC).
The full channel is probably automatically launched when exiting a game or exiting nintendont.

Latest revision : 1260
Your revision : 1180 3.0c (c = channel version)

Delete your USBLoaderGX channel using a wad manager and the USBLoaderGX wad file (TitleID : ULNR)
Then install the forwarder channel (TitleID : UNEO)

edit:
Your IOS version is fine.
just be sure to use r1260 instead of the full channel.

Hi
Im sorry for the very late response. I forgot all about this post when I got everything working and forgot to give proper credit. I uninstalled the channel with the regular channal manager in the wii settings and updated my USB Loader GX (to rev 1256) and installed a forwarder. I then used the update feature to get rev 2160 and it works like a charm ever since! Thanks a lot for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.