USB Loader GX Freezing or Incredibly Slow During Game Installation

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by illitic, Jul 23, 2015.

1. illitic
    OP

illitic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    United States
    I've recently softmodded my Wii using ModMii and installed all the WADs and cIOS's on a SanDisk 64gb Cruzer based on this video
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Note that I only used this video to soft mod my Wii and stopped right after that so I didnt do anything with Dios Mios. I've tried installing my games and they would freeze at certain percentages or install at very slow speeds. I've also tried using d2x cIOS 249 v10 and d2x cIOS 250 v10 [base57] but it wouldnt work still.
    Here's my SysCheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Any help would be appreciated.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Sandisk flash drives are very questionable when it comes to compatibility with Wii homebrew. Do you have a regular USB hard drive you can test it with?

Your syscheck looks fine to me. You have the right d2x in IOS249 so GX should work fine for you.

You might also try using CleanRip to dump your disc to an SD card then use Wii Backup Manager to copy it to the flash drive on your computer. It's usually writing that's the problem with thumb drives on a Wii.

3. illitic
    OP

illitic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I think it was my SanDisk drive. I ripped the games I needed using another USB drive and it actually worked after a couple of tries and then I transferred the games to my bigger SanDisk drive. Thanks for the help and I'll be looking into CleanRip.