Hacking Usb loader GX freezes while loading HDD

Phredman98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have vWii homebrew and have put usb loader gx on the hb channel, and originally I used a flash drive to store games, but I switched to a seagate backup plus slim 1tb because it has way more space. I even added in a fat32 partition so I could run gc games off of it. But now every time I go to use it, it'll freeze on the looking for usb drive screen. I even tried unplugging the hdd until the 20 second countdown began, which only works some of the time. What do I do?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have vWii homebrew and have put usb loader gx on the hb channel, and originally I used a flash drive to store games, but I switched to a seagate backup plus slim 1tb because it has way more space. I even added in a fat32 partition so I could run gc games off of it. But now every time I go to use it, it'll freeze on the looking for usb drive screen. I even tried unplugging the hdd until the 20 second countdown began, which only works some of the time. What do I do?
When it comes to vWii, these backup loaders seem to be very buggy compared to regular wii. I suggest replacing the files for USB Loader GX. Then also using other USB loaders such as CFG USB Loader, Wiiflow, etc. Wiiflow seems to be the most buggiest for me. it WILL NOT load any games I have on my SD card, while CFG USB Loader works just fine.

Be sure you're using a Y usb cable also. I came asking for help on this once, nobody had an answer. I still don't know what to say about this issue.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to vWii, these backup loaders seem to be very buggy compared to regular wii. I suggest replacing the files for USB Loader GX. Then also using other USB loaders such as CFG USB Loader, Wiiflow, etc. Wiiflow seems to be the most buggiest for me. it WILL NOT load any games I have on my SD card, while CFG USB Loader works just fine.

Be sure you're using a Y usb cable also. I came asking for help on this once, nobody had an answer. I still don't know what to say about this issue.
Yes Y cable is good advice. Also check to see if your external HD has a power port that you can buy separately and then power through standard wall outlet.

Reactions: MattKimura

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night