Hacking USB LOADER GX FREEZE, HELP!

LethalLegendx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two flash drives, one 64GB USB 3.0 and a 4GB USB 2.0. I have tried both with USB Loader GX and the 4gb works perfectly with no problems but the 64gb flash drive begins to load and then gets stuck at "Loading config files". I tried to copy the config files from the 4gb flash drive and it loaded up but it froze at the USB loader GX screen but nothing came up but the white background. I also tried making a folder called config on my flash drive but it still froze at "Loading config files". I would appreciate any help as I really want to play Skyward sword although the disk is scratched.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
some devices have compatibility issues, and flash drives are less compatible than Hard Drives.
it's possible that your USB3.0 device will never work, but there are things you can try.

what I understand, you are not using SD card at all, right? everything is on your USB?
Are you launching the loader from the homebrew channel, or from a USBLoaderGX channel you installed to your system menu?

using the homebrew channel to list homebrew on USB can usually force a proper drive init, making it work in the loader.
if you already tried launching from HBC on USB, then let's try something else.

launch the loader (with the USB2.0 so it doesn't freeze) and go to the settings > loader settings.
Set the "loader's IOS" to 58.
exit, and copy these two files to your bigger flash drive:
/apps/usbloader_gx/GXGlobal.cfg
/apps/usbloader_gx/meta.xml

try to launch it now. It should use IOS58 to boot the loader and use that "driver" to mount the USB.

or if you don't want to do the setting change on one drive and copy to the other, you can try to edit the meta.xml directly on the non working drive.
you need to edit the meta.xml in a text editor to delete the 2 lines saying "delete to use arguments", then replace --ios=250 with --ios=58

LethalLegendx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some devices have compatibility issues, and flash drives are less compatible than Hard Drives.
it's possible that your USB3.0 device will never work, but there are things you can try.

what I understand, you are not using SD card at all, right? everything is on your USB?
Are you launching the loader from the homebrew channel, or from a USBLoaderGX channel you installed to your system menu?

using the homebrew channel to list homebrew on USB can usually force a proper drive init, making it work in the loader.

launch the loader (with the USB2.0 so it doesn't freeze) and go to the settings > loader settings.

try to launch it now. It should use IOS58 to boot the loader and use that "driver" to mount the USB.

or if you don't want to do the setting change on one drive and copy to the other, you can try to edit the meta.xml directly on the non working drive.
you need to edit the meta.xml in a text editor to delete the 2 lines saying "delete to use arguments", then replace --ios=250 with --ios=58
THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN IT WORKED

PeteTeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cyan - I attempted both options but ran into issues with each. I couldn’t find the cfg files anywhere and with also I can’t set my loader settings to IOS58. When I put that in it says it “cant be found on the list” and then automatically plus is IOS200. (Initially was IOS249). I’m running HBC off a channel by the way. I do have a working 2.0 drive but am trying to load off 3.0 and nothing seems to work. Stuck on loading config files just as user above. Any additional help? Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you can't select IOS58, then either :
1) You don't have IOS58 installed. to verify, launch HBC channel, press home button, look at the top right. If it says IOS61 then your setup is wrong and you don't have IOS58.

1.2) If you are not on 4.3:
you can update to 4.3 officially (from the network), then reinstall hackmii installer from here : https://please.hackmii.com/

1.3) If you are already on 4.3 but miss IOS58:
You need to install IOS58, then reinstall HBC to harcode it to use that new IOS slot.
use this homebrew to install IOS58 : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer
(even if it's not the latest version, it works fine)

then download hackmii installer but don't follow the exploit method, just put the elf in a /apps/hackmii/ folder and launch it from HBC.
reinstall HBC
verify it's using IOS58 by going to the HBC home menu again.

2) you have IOS58, but you are using an old version of USBLoaderGX which wasn't designed to use anything but cIOS (200+)
follow this guide to update your loader :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6478222

PeteTeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan - thanks for your quick reply and your time! I did have an older version of home-brew but I deleted it in preparation for my downloading the new software and then i couldn't get abc to load anymore.. I was able to download files from hackmii but letter bomb message never made it to my wii after several attempts...so no I've got no home-brew at all. It seems like a common problem to many out there that the message never hits the messages in wii..the only work around i saw as wilbrand launcher but it's pc based and i work off mac. any other workarounds for getting home-brew channel back? I don't think i'm bricked b/c wii works perfectly fine. I just don't the letter bomb email. ugh..

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan - thanks for your quick reply and your time! I did have an older version of home-brew but I deleted it in preparation for my downloading the new software and then i couldn't get abc to load anymore.. I was able to download files from hackmii but letter bomb message never made it to my wii after several attempts...so no I've got no home-brew at all. It seems like a common problem to many out there that the message never hits the messages in wii..the only work around i saw as wilbrand launcher but it's pc based and i work off mac. any other workarounds for getting home-brew channel back? I don't think i'm bricked b/c wii works perfectly fine. I just don't the letter bomb email. ugh..

Reread his post. You do not need letterbomb again. Just put the .elf file in /apps/<anything>/ and run it from your current Homebrew Channel.

You also cannot use Letterbomb unless you've updated to 4.3.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Like GreyWolf said, letterbomb only works on 4.3. Also, if the date on your Wii is set wrong then the letter will show up on that date.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you need hbc installed to run sys check, no?

Yes, but it sounds like you've left your console in an unknown state. If Letterbomb doesn't work then you're either missing some official IOSes or your date is set wrong or you entered the wrong MAC address. Unless you installed something weird you didn't mention you should just update your console from the system menu then proceed from there. Also, unplug anything from the USB ports so it doesn't pick up the MAC from a USB ethernet adapter and try to use a small non HC/XC SD card.

PeteTeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it sounds like you've left your console in an unknown state. If Letterbomb doesn't work then you're either missing some official IOSes or your date is set wrong or you entered the wrong MAC address. Unless you installed something weird you didn't mention you should just update your console from the system menu then proceed from there. Also, unplug anything from the USB ports so it doesn't pick up the MAC from a USB ethernet adapter and try to use a small non HC/XC SD card.
Thanks wolf! The smaller memory card did the trick (8g).

Reactions: GreyWolf

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
as you are on Wii, and not Wiiu vwii, you can also install HBC without even using an SD card thanks to a recently released exploit :)
Flashpoint .... no it's flashhax !
this is very useful because SD (not SDHC) are more and more hard to find.

you need to update to 4.3
then you download the internet channel
then you visit the url and select the choice to hack your console
hackmii installer runs by itself (without even an SD card inserted)
install bootmii as IOS and HBC

now of course you'll need an SD or USB to list homebrew from HBC. (unless you use wifi to launch homebrew and they don't need to write any configs)

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1