USB Loader GX forwarder channel for Wii U menu

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by cucholix, Aug 30, 2017.

1. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    Just tested it using the front 2 USB ports using USB Loader GX WiiVC and one PS3 controller does work!
    Left USB: Original PS3 cable w/ DS3
    Right USB: Original WUPC cable w/ DS3

Left one acted as player 2 in Nintendont, the right one was disabled/would turn on my PS3. Not sure how Nintendont prioritizes which controller counts as player 1 vs player 2, but now we know its possible with multiple USB inputs!

Cyan likes this.
  2. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    What happens off I install it to Wii U nand

3. Hephaestus

Hephaestus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2017
    Korea, North
    Does this work like the Nintendont forwarder channel where you can use the Wii U Gamepad to control games?

Would love to be able to play some Wii Games with support for the classic controller on the Wii U Pad.

4. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    make your own injects with teconmoons wii vc injector. check the conpatibility games for a list of games which support wii u gamepad. mario kart wii and smash bros support it

5. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    make your own injects with teconmoons wii vc injector. check the conpatibility games for a list of games which support wii u gamepad. mario kart wii and smash bros support it

6. Hephaestus

Sep 29, 2017
    Korea, North
    @Missingphy Tried it. Couldnt get it to work.
    Usb Loader GX just hangs at the initialization-screen and wiiflow display "No Title TMD" and reboots the Wii U.

I went with "vWii NAND Title Launcher" since that was the only option that let me use classic-controller emulation.

7. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    It supposedly throws an error when you try to launch it.
    But I installed it just a few moments ago with CBHC+WUPInstaller GX2 (Channel) to Nand and it's booting fine.

8. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    And can you use the Wii U game pad with games?

9. Hephaestus

Sep 29, 2017
    Korea, North
    I tried it. It works, but i cant use the Wii U Pad to control Usb Loader GX.
    @Missingphy

10. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    Does this allow classic controller emulation on the gamepad for games like Mario Kart Wii? I would like to play Wiimfi off tv with gamepad contols but injecting the patched iso cant go online but I can load from image from SD card in vWii and get online

11. Hephaestus

Sep 29, 2017
    Korea, North
    look at the post directly above yours.

blaisedinsd likes this.
  12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no, this channel is NOT an injected wiiu WiiVC game with gamepad support.
    this channel is a vWii mode launcher, with a patch to boot vWii "UNEO" forwarder, instead of vWii system menu.

it runs in vWii mode, load the Wii homebrew, and see the USB as FAT32/NTFS (the WiiU HDD is not available!)

blaisedinsd likes this.
  13. HanzotheRazor

HanzotheRazor Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I have managed to get the USB Loader GX forwarder in vWii. However I'm a bit confused by the Wii U forwarder method. What are the sig files I need and where can I get them?

Thanks.

14. HanzotheRazor

HanzotheRazor Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Never mind. Got it working now :D

15. jaladhjin

jaladhjin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    Is it necessary to do this to have a channel on Wii-U or is it essentially an extra step loading a secondary forwarder ?

A wii-u forwarder / vc inject etc couldn't point right to USB Loader GX & negate 1 forward to this "UNEO" forwarder ?

16. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you have the choice.

either you use this channel, it's a WiiU homebrew channel which is a vWii booter with sysmenu TitleID patched to boot another channel instead.
    so it's : WiiU channel vWii booter -> vWii mode (native) -> vWii UNEO forwarder -> loader's Boot.dol on SD.

Advantage is you are on vWii mode, and has access to cIOS. You can use USB port and devices. You can play Wii games and emuNAND (which require cIOS and USB!) and neek
    You don't need to inject all your Wii games one by one and install them on WiiU HDD.

disadvantage is you have to softmod vWii, and you need the forwarder channel installed on vWii NAND too. you don't have WiiU Gamepad support.

OR

you use an injected WiiVC channel with either the loader or the forwarder. (I recommend the forwarder, to prevent having to re-generate a WUP installable channel on each new loader release)
    so it's : WiiU VCWii channel injected with forwarder dol -> vWii mode (restricted) -> forwarder dol -> loader's Boot.dol on SD.

Advantage is you boot the loader directly without going into a real vWii mode, and therefore you don't need a hacked/softmod vWii mode. You can use the wiiU gamepad.
    If you want Wii games, you need to inject and install them to WiiU sysmenu, I guess having icons on sysmenu is part of "advantage" ?
    You can use only one HDD (the WiiU HDD), as you don't need a vWii dedicated FAT32 HDD.

disadvantage is you are in a restricted vWii mode, with NO cIOS, no USB ! you can only use this to launch NAND channels or Gamecube ISO on SD card.
    USB, emuNAND and Wii games are not available or playable.
    You have to inject all the Wii games and install them to WiiU HDD one by one if you don't want to use native vWii mode at all.

Personally, I prefer native vWii mode.
    HDD in FAT32, games are easy to add/move/delete/manage. I don't need to inject or install games to WiiU memory.
    I can use features like cheats or patches (wiimmfi, etc.), different settings per games, etc.
    I like the "return to loader" feature when exiting a game, instead of return to WiiU sysmenu where you have to relaunch vWii mode and the loader again!
    And I don't find launching vWii that annoying, I just press B at console's boot and there I am !
    If I'm already in WiiU Mode, I also don't find the channel forwarder necessary, that's really for lazy people who don't want to just launch HBC or forwarder manually once in vWii. that's just one additional click, that's all.

I guess people just love to "see" game's icons on their WiiU menu. I prefer usability over look. each his own :)

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 7, 2019
    jaladhjin likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted